The online racing simulator
Tragedy and Video Game Violence
(270 posts, started )
Here's an informative video (17min) how the media tries to manipulate the thoughts of people regarding video games and violence, all because of easy advertising money. This propably isn't news to many of you, but I reckon it should be spread in case anyone happens to get in to an argument with a person who believes the garbage that the media writes about games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uwAo8lcAC4
#2 - majod
There's so much going on behind Sandy shooting but people just don't want to accept it. Those who are willing to look for truth will be hunted by the police.

I wouldn't want to live in USA so much...

edit: maybe slightly OT, but the gaming video is clearly response to this shooting.
Today one spanish channel could not avoid the oportunity to say that this murder used to play games (showing a cutscene of some Age of Empires or similar game).

And I will never forget that 10 years ago, when US invaded Irak, another TV channel "informed" that after a few weeks after the war started 2 shooting games were released to get more sales. Totally ignoring that those games (Call of Duty and Battlefield I believe) were already planned and developed before the war started...

I always get mad when this happens, and like I say to my family, I (we) have spent my whole life driving racing cars and I don't go in real life at 200km/h
Mad people are mad, as easy as that. TV, media, games, society or whatever might be the final "trigger" for them to cause harm, but it canot be taken out of context and then blamed on as media now does about video games.

Before video games violent movies and music got the blame for kids beeing mean to eachothers and society.

And regarding America and their politics, a lot could be said about that. For example, selling guns in banks? Close to none weapon controll / check system?
And the right to defend yourself with any means nessesary is so bullshit that.. well no! There must be a ballance somewhere, defend yourself - but if possible try not to blow the ****ing head of the burglas please?

And also, while speaking about the last tragic school shoting, I love how media explains it:
"He was a shy boy who used a lot of his time on the computer, while listening mostly on black metall".
I am not kidding around, the line above was in the local newspaper some days ago.
So everyone who do playing computer a lot and listen on anything else than the Justin Bieber surely got to be ticking bombs?

Again, mad people are mad, and society has a lot of problems - but we canot start pointing fingers and blame ONE singel factor for people to lose their minds.
Quote from majod :edit: maybe slightly OT, but the gaming video is clearly response to this shooting.

If you're saying in the sense that it's hypocrisy, the video isn't being monetized, as TB says if you watched it to the end.

And I won't even get in to conspiracy theories, those are Racer X territory. Anyway, this isn't about the shooting couple days ago, this is about media lying and how you can counter-argue people who do believe the lies.
#6 - majod
sorry for misunderstanding, I just said that the video is posted as a response for sandy brook shooting, that's why I responded as I agree with the video + <my first post>.
I didn't watch the video because I'm of very strong opinion that video games do not affect human behavior in any way and I don't think I need anyone's suggestions as to how to defend that opinion.
The history of crimes - even the most violent ones - is much longer than the history of video games, action movies and whatnot. Is it so frikkin' hard to fathom that people with certain tendencies will be fond of certain kinds of video games, not the other way around? Sometimes I understand why my brother can't make it through a newspapers issue without at least two outbursts of anger
Well.. I used to play with plastic BB guns with some friends. Noone made a problem outside, but it's obviously wrong. I was around 12 at that time. Now kids play COD at home instead. There is a difference.
There's actually a far more interesting link between mass killings, and that's the medication that virtually all shooters are on.

"As Business Insider now reports in an article that is going viral across the web, Adam Lanza was indeed taking Fanapt — a drug with ‘troubled history’ as the article details.
Knowing that virtually every major shooter of similar circumstance and scenario had been on similar drugs including the Columbine shooters, Ted Kaczinski the Unabomber’, and many others, it was easy to see that Adam Lanza fit the bill as well."
"But what about Fanapt, the drug Lanza was taking? The drug itself has an even more troubled past. After initially being rejected by the FDA for ‘severe problems’ in patients, Fanapt was eventually approved after a disturbing lack of study. Fanapt was only tested on around 500 people before going on sale to the almost 300 million citizens inside the United States for widespread ‘treatment’. But what’s even more concerning than the shoddy trials of the drug is the side effects listed on both the package insert for the drug and various online medical sites. These include:
  • Hostility
  • Aggression
  • Mania
  • Confusional state
  • Impulse-control disorder
Many of which are listed as ‘frequent’. It should come as no surprise then to find out that Fanapt was initially thrown out by its first producer, grabbed by a later company, rejected by the FDA, then only later did it meet the mass market. Ultimately, however, it ended up prescribed to Adam Lanza and many other individuals who are being ‘treated’ for the very issues that the drug has been shown to cause."

And then take a look at how much of this stuff is consumed in the US.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comm ... /15/psychology-healthcare
http://www.naturalnews.com/029 ... atric_drugs_military.html

According to ABC news: “The United States makes up only 4.6 percent of the world’s population, but consumes 80 percent of its opioids — and 99 percent of the world’s hydrocodone, the opiate that is in Vicodin.” Our use of hydrocodone and other opiate painkillers has many issues: such as diversion and abuse and use as a bandage in chronic pain or injury instead of treating underlying issues (where it may even make pain worse in the long term).
http://neuroamer.wordpress.com ... -spend-the-most-money-on/
The purpose of the second amendment is not to protect us from each other, but to protect us from the US military. Free citizens need weapons that can be used to overthrow the government, meaning the same weapons used by the soldiers they would be defending their communities from. There is no such thing as safety, and trading freedom for an empty promise and a "No Guns" sign shouldn't be enticing to people who claim to be skeptical of the government.
Quote from flymike91 :The purpose of the second amendment is not to protect us from each other, but to protect us from the US military. Free citizens need weapons that can be used to overthrow the government, meaning the same weapons used by the soldiers they would be defending their communities from. There is no such thing as safety, and trading freedom for an empty promise and a "No Guns" sign shouldn't be enticing to people who claim to be skeptical of the government.

2012, It really is the end times !!!!!
I'm agreeing with Mike

SEC. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section And any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment.
http://www.dojgov.net/posse_comitatus_act.htm

Indeed, back in 2008 the Washington Post reported how 20,000 U.S. troops returning from Iraq would be stationed inside America under Northcom for purposes of “domestic security” from September 2011 onwards.

Northcom officials were forced ... bsequently issue a denial after the Army Times initially reported that the troops would be used to deal “with civil unrest and crowd control.”
http://www.infowars.com/fully- ... l-minnesota-neighborhood/

The problem isn't gun's, we have a lot here, we also have video games, what we don't have ,yet, is so many people being fed brain f*ing perscription drugs.
Quote from majod :There's so much going on behind Sandy shooting but people just don't want to accept it. Those who are willing to look for truth will be hunted by the police.

I wouldn't want to live in USA so much...

edit: maybe slightly OT, but the gaming video is clearly response to this shooting.

well that guy that went into the school had mental issues, his mom got shot because he found out she was trying to commit him to a mental institution. But people are really paranoid here since it happened only a little way from here. a few schools were in lockdown tuesday or monday because someone dressed in all black (he was a business man) and had an umbrella which someone thought was a shotgun... Its just a case of some people with mental instability which can happen anywhere not just where I live (which isnt that far from Newtown).
doesnt matter whether your gut reaction to something like this is "omg theyre gonna take away my games" or "omg theyre gonna take away my gins" both reactions make you a massive twat
Quote from Shotglass :doesnt matter whether your gut reaction to something like this is "omg theyre gonna take away my games" or "omg theyre gonna take away my gins" both reactions make you a massive twat

You touch my gin's, you die..............

No, it doesn't, assuming you meant guns - lol

Gun's, or games aren't the issue, we all race, we all get pissed at T1, how many of us try to gun people down due to roadrage.

What FDA approved drugs are all these killers on ?

Self defense, even in NZ is perfectly accepted as a reason not to be charged with dealing with a loose unit.

And, even in the US, baseball bats kill more people than guns, lets ban baseball......

The US murders more children 'legally' than all these killers put together, Obama just got declared 'Man of the Year' by Time for doing just that, not to mention a Nobel Peace Prize.

IMHO there something really screwed up there.

But, it's really worth checking the facts at Sandy Hook;

Floors were covered allegedly with .223 shells, yet 'sole gunmans' .223 was still in the boot of his car.
Multiple reports of at least one other being taken into custody.
Police Lt threatening anyone reporting anything he didn't say with Homeland Security arrest.

The fact it was referenced in 'Dark Knight Rises', really was sorry, scene of another shooting with interesting facts that are ignored.

Yes, all due to "derranged sole gunman", just like JFK.

Conspiracy theory time, I wonder what the real agenda is.....

And now I'm agreeing with Mike
It really must be "end times...."

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878

20 Stat. L., 145

June 18, 1878

CHAP. 263 - An act making appropriations for the support of the Army for the fiscal year ending June thirtieth, eighteen hundred and seventy-nine, and for other purposes.

SEC. 15. From and after the passage of this act it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress; and no money appropriated by this act shall be used to pay any of the expenses incurred in the employment of any troops in violation of this section And any person willfully violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction thereof shall be punished by fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars or imprisonment not exceeding two years or by both such fine and imprisonment.

10 U.S.C. (United States Code) 375

Sec. 375. Restriction on direct participation by military personnel:

The Secretary of Defense shall prescribe such regulations as may be necessary to ensure that any activity (including the provision of any equipment or facility or the assignment or detail of any personnel) under this chapter does not include or permit direct participation by a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law.

18 U.S.C. 1385

Sec. 1385. Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of
Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to
execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/news_alert_posse.html
[/size]
Quote from Mustangman759 :well that guy that went into the school had mental issues, his mom got shot because he found out she was trying to commit him to a mental institution.

Sorry but I'm not going to believe that.

But here, have this pic which is already blocked on Facebook.

http://i.imgur.com/JdmZs.jpg
Quote from majod :Sorry but I'm not going to believe that.

But here, have this pic which is already blocked on Facebook.

[url]/url]

Right, but its true. The kid had asphergers and other issues. And why the hell would you put that up? I know people who live in Newtown and have been dorelctly affected. Your a genuine ****er
The press are always eager to point fingers at anything and everything which "contributed" to the state of mind of the latest murdering gunman in the states. Probably to deflect criticism, and to relieve some of the guilt which comes with planting their own seeds in these events.
Every time this happens, all the other troubled suicidal kids with access to assault rifles see the fame and notoriety the press so robotically lavish on the latest kid to want to go down in a mass-killing.

They'll of course hide behind the "just doing our job" argument if you question why they give these kids exactly what they wanted. We can't rely on them to have a conscience, but if celebrities can get injunctions banning publication of stories, we should be able to stop the press making these gunmen famous.
Quote from majod :There's so much going on behind Sandy shooting but people just don't want to accept it. Those who are willing to look for truth will be hunted by the police.

Oh come on.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Right, but its true. The kid had asphergers and other issues. And why the hell would you put that up? I know people who live in Newtown and have been dorelctly affected. Your a genuine ****er

The pic is about unjustice of US behavior. It for example says how huge media coverage took this shooting world-wide and how no one notices what USA is doing in Palestine with Israel. Every death like this is pointless and believe me or not, I'm always very unhappy when something like this happens, anywhere in the world. Killing anyone is very wrong.

But I do not believe that this kid alone killed 20 children and 6 adults in such short time. I do not believe even one word of the so-called medical examiner who couldn't answer simple questions to the press.

To understand this, one is required to dug deeper in the story. And most important to learn all of the facts, not only those you see on TV. In the end it's like religion, you can choose what you will believe. After reading multiple articles and seeing many videos on the situation, I chose to not believe anything that press says about it because, in my opinion, it's full of crap and nonsense.

Thanks for not understand and calling me whatever the stars is.
Quote from majod :The pic is about unjustice of US behavior. It for example says how huge media coverage took this shooting world-wide and how no one notices what USA is doing in Palestine with Israel. Every death like this is pointless and believe me or not, I'm always very unhappy when something like this happens, anywhere in the world. Killing anyone is very wrong.

There is near constant coverage of Israel and Palestine, though of course it's not as hyperbolic as the coverage of shootings like this. The conflict over there has been going on for more than 50 years. How are you surprised that a fresh new tragedy gets more coverage than a half-century-old undeclared war?

Quote :But I do not believe that this kid alone killed 20 children and 6 adults in such short time. I do not believe even one word of the so-called medical examiner who couldn't answer simple questions to the press.

To understand this, one is required to dug deeper in the story. And most important to learn all of the facts, not only those you see on TV. In the end it's like religion, you can choose what you will believe. After reading multiple articles and seeing many videos on the situation, I chose to not believe anything that press says about it because, in my opinion, it's full of crap and nonsense.

Thanks for not understand and calling me whatever the stars is.

Why is it more plausible to you that there's some massive conspiracy, rather than the Occam's razor explanation that a nutjob shot a bunch of unarmed teachers and kids?
Oh the joy of online forums - if you're not in the bandwagon, you're an idiot. You look like you're just walking around the streets and calling people ****ers and idiots just because they do/believe something else than you do.

edit: reaction to post above, which was edited later.
Quote from majod :Oh the joy of online forums - if you're not in the bandwagon, you're an idiot. You look like you're just walking around the streets and calling people ****ers and idiots just because they do/believe something else than you do.

edit: reaction to post above, which was edited later.

"The bandwagon" = reality.

I ask again, what makes you overlook the obvious explanation for what happened in favor of some elaborate conspiracy/coverup?
On a complete side note I found it very sad that the coverage of the Sandy Hook shooting was entirely butchered by the media over here. I guess it shows how well they cover everything else.

First, they get the shooter's name wrong (his brother). Then, they say that he went into his mother's classroom (she didn't even work there). Then they go and swarm around the place like bees. At the hostiple press conference they do nothing but harass the Doctor who was giving a press conference attempting to get him to announce the names and conditions of the children who were admitted into his care. They didn't just ask once, they asked (literally) 40 times!

The media is in such a race to report events and details that they don't even wait to make sure that their facts are right. They don't even care if what they are asking should be asked. They took a tragedy and turned it into their own greedy race for money and publicity and nothing more. They just report opinions any more it would seem. Then they throw in some barely researched facts just to back their opinions up not knowing for sure if the facts are correct or incorrect.

The speed of reporting needs to be slowed down to ensure accuracy, but the impactience of people with modern technology will not be fixed. The media is driven by ratings, and not many people care enough about acuracy not to watch or read right as it happens and it's all reported wrong.

Just report what you know for certain, and report the certain once you know it. That will never happen again if it ever has
Quote from DeadWolfBones :"The bandwagon" = reality.

I ask again, what makes you overlook the obvious explanation for what happened in favor of some elaborate conspiracy/coverup?

I hope you can see what you did there. This is going heavily offtopic but you say the bandwagon is the reality. How do you know it is the reality? How do you know what I believe in is NOT the reality? Just because you believe something else, it must be the reality? Or because it was on TV it must be the reality? You just said that the official version is absolute truth. Why is the official version more valuable than the unofficial?

You called me idiot because I don't believe what you believe but you're the one here saying that your version is the reality and it's the 100% truth. Just because you chose to believe something else. Tolerancy is almost shining from your words and I can see the glare on the western horizon...

You can be wrong as much as I can be. The difference is I'm not attacking anyone, my parents raised me well. I don't like arguing with anyone but I don't like when someone's attacking me on something very, very subjective. Mind your words next time. I'm an atheist and I'm not telling every Christian they're idiots because they chose to believe in God; also I'm not claiming this is the reality and it's the right way.

Now back on another offtopic. What made me think there's some "conspiracy" is the video I posted above, the police officer giving speech to the press. Now I can imagine response of others arguing how can I claim there's a conspiracy based on this single speech.

Because I think that arresting people for saying their opinions on social media has no place in fair liberal democratic country as USA says it is. That was the first hint something is not right. Then I began to investigate and every other article I read on this story just told me I'm thinking the good way. So I chosed to believe the other story. You can google all the information by yourself.

You can also call me an idiot because I don't believe in 9/11 and you say the reality is that muslims crashed the planes and there are terrorists everywhere and USA must kill them all cos they're the bad guys. But you neither I can say that our story is the right one, until we have all the evidence on the surface. And we don't. We just have news reports and expert analysis and 4 frames from video showing tiny black object hitting the Pentagon. You can choose to believe a plane crashed there, I chose not to because I never saw a plane there.
So Genghis Khan was influenced by age of empires then amirite?

(270 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG