The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6B13 (now B16 - Final Test)
(27 posts, closed, started )
Dear LFS Racers,

We are very near the end of the testing for version 0.6C.

It's a significant multiplayer improvement with :

- hacker protection (security fixes)
- improved cheat detection and prevention
- much faster connection and instant disconnection
- no loss of responsiveness due to someone else lagging
- cached connection system avoids join out of sync (JOOS)

NOTE : No changes to physics

0.6C should be released this week. If you would like to give the test patch a go, please follow this link :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=81399

Thanks
Quote :NOTE : No changes to physics

We will wait.
B13 this is super. I can fast connect to his the server and ping my - 10 ms(localhost):bannana_g Thanks you.

I do not understand what is the UDP\TCP. Why do we need it?
Im not exactly sure but whats the actuall difference between TCP and UDP.

UDP is just raw sending data and TCP is actually checking did that data arrived to location? then in theory UDP should produce less internet traffic?
i just got around to installing B12! :chair:

anyway now my fps drops have gone. no idea how that works.

cant wait for 0.6C!
#6 - majod
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :UDP is just raw sending data and TCP is actually checking did that data arrived to location? then in theory UDP should produce less internet traffic?

yes. in multiplayer games / iptv / internet radio / anything real-time you must use udp. otherwise whole system will have to wait for all connections to receive data. imagine that with for example WOW and thousands users online.
Quote from Scawen :NOTE : No changes to physics

Oh no... Thats your Dead... You forgott to Say "No VW Scirocco"...
UDP vs TCP :

It's very important that game state information is transferred by TCP. Because you need to know that someone pitted or joined the host, etc, or you will go out of sync. TCP makes sure that all data gets through if at all possible, even if it may be delayed.

But car position packets, if one is lost or delayed, you do not want it any more. You just want the next one. So UDP is ideal for this. UDP you just send a packet, and it probably gets there. Might not be in the right order or might not get there at all. That is for the program to deal with.

In LFS there are some times when people on strange internet setups cannot receive UDP packets. Then they must use TCP for car position updates. It's not ideal, uses a little more bandwidth and can waste time delaying the game to send that out of date information. However this will not usually be much of a problem if the connection is good, because with minimal packet loss there will be minimal data correction.
If you wish to try it out, [TC] CityDriving Two is now running B13.
Quote from mbutcher :If you wish to try it out, [TC] CityDriving Two is now running B13.

Can't find it.
Look harder, open up your car / criteria filters.
yeah
0,6c is coming to town.....
All sounds very encouraging! Not enough to warrant getting the wheel down from the attic, but still...
I'm staying on 0.6B, I just want to know how many weeks it take how fast people switch over to 0.6C. When I know it I will post it, and I am still waiting to update the new version with the new VWS
What a TEST PATCH Wave at the Time. Thank you Scawen
#17 - Xone
Quote from Stölzel :Oh no... Thats your Dead... You forgott to Say "No VW Scirocco"...

and "No Rockingham" hahahaha
TNX man
Quote from Xone :and "No Rockingham" hahahaha

Wishful thinking from you 2.

The patch seems to work great, haven't had any time out since patch B12!

In B i have time-outs all the time. Scawen you've done some great work, thanks a lot!
B15 is now released and I'm hoping it's the final test.

It does need a good testing this evening.

Any racing (or whatever) you could do, using B15 and joining a B15 host, will be very helpful!

Thanks!
Installing on my server nao.
i'll give it a test
Having fixed the fatal flaw in B15...

B16 is now released and I'm hoping it's the final test.

It does need a good testing this evening.

Any racing (or whatever) you could do, using B16 and joining a B16 host, will be very helpful!

Thanks!
I have a b16 host started.
This thread is closed

(27 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG