The online racing simulator
G27 shifter problem
(9 posts, started )
G27 shifter problem
Hey guys. I've encountered a problem with my gear shifter with Logitech G27. it only happens in 4th and Reverse gear I've seen so far, but in 4th gear the in-game gear will suddenly go to 2nd, and in reverse it will just read neutral. Do you guys know anything about this?

Regards
You probably just have to clean the potentiometers. Usually just opening the shifter and blowing it a bit solves the problem.

Or maybe the potentiometer located on the side (back & forward moves) got loose and need to be repositioned on its place.
Thanks! I'll look in the morning
Quote from Whiskey :You probably just have to clean the potentiometers. Usually just opening the shifter and blowing it a bit solves the problem.

Or maybe the potentiometer located on the side (back & forward moves) got loose and need to be repositioned on its place.

Is that everything? That means, that means, I don't have to get it replaced by a new wheel everytime it happens
Yup. These wheels like to disguise as broken so you buy another one, but in fact, most of the times the only thing you need to fix it is spare time and a screwdriver to clean the "broken" part
There are no potentiometers in shifter they are used in pedals, ...
can someone give a picture to this part?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :There are no potentiometers in shifter they are used in pedals, ...

It has 2 potentiometers
Right yeah I have found the potentiometers, they both seem to be working fine. I think the problem might be lying within a wire OR the mechanism itself..

G27 shifter problem
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG