The online racing simulator
Feature suggestions - www.lfs.net
Have an idea for a new feature or an improvement to an existing feature? Post it here!

Be as clear as possible in your post. Try to write full sentences and explain what you mean. If you can try to visualize your idea with a picture.

If certain features need wide discussion, then it should take place in a new thread. I realise this doesn't always happen naturally, so if your post has gone missing, it's probably moved to a new or another thread.
I'd like to see several news streams/feeds. That would be displayed just about the news block in horizontal tabs.

Currently we have no news for several months, and the ones we get are mainly about official releases, so the main page lokks a bit dead.

So I'm thinking of splitting it in several sections (tags, channels, whatever it should be called):

- Releases and news related to that. This includes maitenance notices, forum changes, etc.
- Development informations: all the test patches releases, important discussions about them (like InSim changes), new posts on new physics... (just a few words and a link to Scawen's tread is enough)
- News from the more important leagues (as we'd have the new leagues site this don't need a lot of news to be posted really)
- Featured user made content: Lynce releases a texture pack, Airio gets a new version, Clavico is created as a new layout editor, etc.

Then, people should be able to choose what of these feeds they suscribe to on they email notifications.
My view of how to organize the downloads page, that also includes the user-made content.

I think the current LFS site is very nice indeed. Maby it could look a bit more up-to-date with some eye-candy mouse-hover effects. I really have a feeling LFS is going to revive. I'll try to post an image soon.
Quote from Impreza09 :I think the current LFS site is very nice indeed. Maby it could look a bit more up-to-date with some eye-candy mouse-hover effects. I really have a feeling LFS is going to revive. I'll try to post an image soon.

Mouse-over effects are not what it needs, plus Victor has indicated other flaws (no PSD, so updating buttons are impossible).

It's also super super narrow compared to modern websites.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG