Random thought: Is it an upgraded Windows installation? Maybe from a 32 bit one?

I remember having some strange problem some time back with a different application. Cant remember the name but it used a program.exe and a license-activator.exe.
The second one was unfortunately 32 bit, so the license I entered was stored in the 32 bit area of the registry. The program.exe was 64 bit and couldn't find the license and said the app was not licensed. Very funny.
Quote from chucknorris :Random thought: Is it an upgraded Windows installation? Maybe from a 32 bit one?

I remember having some strange problem some time back with a different application. Cant remember the name but it used a program.exe and a license-activator.exe.
The second one was unfortunately 32 bit, so the license I entered was stored in the 32 bit area of the registry. The program.exe was 64 bit and couldn't find the license and said the app was not licensed. Very funny.

As far as I know its impossible to upgrade from Win 7 32bit to 64. Everything must be done from scratch.
Using Win7 Ultimate x64 never had anything like this, everything worked for me
when i upgraded for demo to S1 and from S1 to S2.
If you already tried on 2 computers and had no luck maybe it is you're Internet?
Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :As far as I know its impossible to upgrade from Win 7 32bit to 64. Everything must be done from scratch.

Actually, it isn't if 64-bit ready or something, but it is basically same as HD-Ready option in your television
Quote from windows.microsoft.com :Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or from a 64-bit version of Windows 7 to a 32-bit version of Windows?
You can use the Upgrade option during Windows 7 installation, which preserves your files, settings, and programs, only if you're currently running a 32-bit version of Windows Vista and you want to upgrade to the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Similarly, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you can only perform an upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7. For more information, go to Upgrading to Windows 7: frequently asked questions on the Windows website.

If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs. For more information about performing a custom installation, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7*.

Hope this helps.
hi someone has another resolution for this problem than editing registry? getting unlock error 1 using 64-bit 7 ultimate and there is no productID.reg in my windowsNT folder which i could copy.
i already wrote to support and waiting for answer.

hope to see you on track soon

greetings
andrew / Heinz-Harald III
Quote from skippie2k :hi someone has another resolution for this problem than editing registry? getting unlock error 1 using 64-bit 7 ultimate and there is no productID.reg in my windowsNT folder which i could copy.
i already wrote to support and waiting for answer.

hope to see you on track soon

greetings
andrew / Heinz-Harald III

//////edit

oh yeah problem solved

"English version
1) Run>regedit

2) Copy key from:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg".

3) You will create the new key in:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft \Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg",

You will paste in the value that was copied from the last key. You will restart your PC.

I use the windows 7 84-bit(32-bit)."

just did it vice-versa and copied productID.reg from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft \Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg

to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

now lets race
unlock error 2
Quote from Scawen :I've changed the thread title. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has Windows 7 64-bit, if they had any problems unlocking or if it worked well. It's just strange that we haven't heard of this problem at all until now, so I'm wondering what's different about your computer's installation.

Hey WINDOWS 7 64 BIT. I'm getting the error 2 message, got this game in '07 decided to play again, forgot pw, reset now getting this message.
Have you tried a new installation? We haven't heard of any unlock problems in recent times.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG