The online racing simulator
S2 License Unlock error (Windows 7 64-bit)
When i try to unlock S2 i just get a message saying "Unlock Error" already re-installed and even tried on another computer.
Which version are you using?
0.6b
Is the exact message "Unlock Error 1" or "Unlock Error 2" ?
Unlock Error 1
Which operating system (or which version of Windows) are you using?
Windows 7 64-bit
It seems there is something missing from your registry. It's a bit strange, I think that most people can unlock with Windows 7, 64 or 32 bit.
aw great man -.-
I've changed the thread title. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has Windows 7 64-bit, if they had any problems unlocking or if it worked well. It's just strange that we haven't heard of this problem at all until now, so I'm wondering what's different about your computer's installation.
Russian version (we have long known about it)
1) Откройте редактор реестра

2) Скопируйте ключ из:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg".

3) Затем создайте новый ключ в:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg",

Вставьте в значение то, что копировали из последнего ключа. Перезапустите компьютер

English version
1) Run>regedit

2) Copy key from:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg".

3) You will create the new key in:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductID.reg",

You will paste in the value that was copied from the last key. You will restart your PC.

I use the windows 7 84-bit(32-bit).
I do not recall ever encountering this error. On Windows7 32-bit and Windows7 64-bit (approximately 10 unlocks done on 0.6B, the majority of them on Windows7 64-bit).
Quote from [Audi TT] :Russian version (we have long known about it)
1) Откройте редактор реестра

2) Скопируйте ключ из:

3) Затем создайте новый ключ в:

Вставьте в значение то, что копировали из последнего ключа. Перезапустите компьютер

English version
1) Run>regedit

2) Copy key from:

3) You will create the new key in:

You will paste in the value that was copied from the last key. You will restart your PC.

I use the windows 7 84-bit(32-bit).

This is only for 64Bits.
I run win7 64bit. No issue with LFS,
Same here , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits

No problems
OK, so most people with 64 bit Windows can unlock LFS with no problem and no registry editing, because it is already coded to deal with the 64 bit thing, by using the KEY_WOW64_64KEY value (that value's name is strange but true).

I wonder what the circumstances are on a computer that makes it necessary to manually enter something into that Wow6432Node area...? Maybe the registry reflector is broken?
Never had issues unlocking on any Windows 7 machines, 32 or 64 bit.

Windows 8 64 bit also unlocked just fine couple days ago. However slight offtopic, in Win 8, the FPS limiter is somehow dropping the framerate 10 FPS too low. 100 FPS limit actually drops it around 90 FPS, 83 limit drops it to 76 and so on, just a heads up.
Quote from Scawen :
I wonder what the circumstances are on a computer that makes it necessary to manually enter something into that Wow6432Node area...? Maybe the registry reflector is broken?

One thing that crack.
mine is working fine! (win 7 64bit) never had any problems!
#21 - kdo
No problem on 3 Windows 7 64bits and 1 32bits version
No problems unlocking it aswell. I may have the 32bit version, but its Starter. Probably not many had the chance to check Live For Speed on this OS version.
Win 7 enterprise 64bit. Never had any problems
Win7 Pro, 64bit - never had any unlocking or other issues.
Quote from Scawen :I've changed the thread title. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has Windows 7 64-bit, if they had any problems unlocking or if it worked well. It's just strange that we haven't heard of this problem at all until now, so I'm wondering what's different about your computer's installation.

No problem at all.

E: W7 home premium 64bit

S2 License Unlock error (Windows 7 64-bit)
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG