The online racing simulator
LFS with Wine 1.3?
(7 posts, started )
LFS with Wine 1.3?
Hello,
has anyone successfully run LFS with the latest Wine (v1.3)? When I download the installer and try to run it, I get an "NSIS error: Error launching installer". The file itself is good - installation on virtualized XP was completed and LFS works, but it's slow, which is the reason for me to try running it without an additional virtualized OS.
Have you tried using a pre-installed/extracted LFS instead or running the installer in Wine? You should be able to extract the installer and copy all of the relevant files from there. LFS doesn't need to be "installed" to work.
Copied LFS folder from another disk (with W7)... "Is LFS correctly installed on a hard drive?"
Ran directly from the original folder (on another disk) - same message.
Extracted the .exe file and ran LFS.exe - same error once more...
I have no problems installing LFS with WINE 1.5.16. Are you sure you're using the latest WINE? Did you set up some DLL overrides in winecfg that might be causing trouble? Apart from updating to the latest available version of WINE, try renaming your ~/.wine directory and try to install LFS again with a clean WINE configuration.
Wine 1.5 wasn't in Kubuntu's repositories, so I installed it, but the problem persists. What do you mean by "Did you set up some DLL overrides in winecfg that might be causing trouble?"?
Solved by using PlayOnLinux!
Quote from Vojta7 :Wine 1.5 wasn't in Kubuntu's repositories, so I installed it, but the problem persists. What do you mean by "Did you set up some DLL overrides in winecfg that might be causing trouble?"?

In winecfg on the "Libraries" tab you can instruct WINE to use native Windows DLLs instead of builtin WINE replacements of those libraries. It is usually better to not use the native DLLs, but sometimes it's necessary to get a particular piece of software working.
Ubuntu PPA with latest builds of WINE can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

On my machine with WINE 1.5.16 and 3.6 kernel LFS works splendidly.

LFS with Wine 1.3?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG