The online racing simulator
#1 - Omar1
Nothing appears on monitor(s) until Windows 'Welcome' Screen
I've had this problem since i built my pc... well it's not really a problem but it is at times. The bios screen does not appear, nor does the boot screen. I just get a black screen until 'Welcome'. I don't know what is causing this problem but it's getting on my nerves now as sometimes i have to shut off the pc with the button, after after i boot it up again, i dont know what im pressing on the keyboard when selecting how to boot if you know what i mean? Need a solution, i want to see the screens!

Specs:
Intel DG31PR
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8GHZ
DDR2 2GB OCZ Ram 800mhz
ATI Radeon HD 4870X2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Running dual monitors, 1 VGA other is DVI but still had this problem before i got another monitor.
Also after trying to boot for a while after a hard shutdown, i unplugged the DVI monitor, restarted the pc and it booted super fast! What's going on?
#2 - troy
Sounds like it defaults to the other monitor output until you're in windows, I got the same thing here when I set my hd4000 internal graphics card as main graphics in the bios options, only once windows boots it actually notices that my gtx260 is plugged in on the main monitor. Check if you got picture on the second monitor, if you do there probably is an option in your bios somewhere to force the correct output.

If that doesnt work you could also try running it with just vga or dvi to see if you get picture somewhere and then check the bios for ways to tell it which output it should prefer.
#3 - Omar1
It doesn't show on either monitor and i have 1 graphics card.
try plugging your monitor to your onboard graphics then check in the bios settings if the default is set to your graphics card.

if the screen doesnt show then remove the graphics card and try again.

if you dont have onboard then i don't know what else to suggest :P
#5 - Omar1
i'll try that soon beav, if it doesnt show i cant be bothered to remove my graphics card
#6 - Omar1
Thanks Beaver it worked!

Now i have another problem... I get to the 'starting windows' screen I can see the logo changing like it normally does on windows 7, the screen flashes black for a tiny amount of time and it freezes. It just stays on the starting windows screen PLEASE HELP!
#7 - Omar1
Please help! Stil have the same problem where it freezes on the starting windows screen!

i've done 2 system restores, repair, ram check! Still not working helpppp!
Quote from Omar1 :Please help! Stil have the same problem where it freezes on the starting windows screen!

i've done 2 system restores, repair, ram check! Still not working helpppp!

Re-install Windows
#9 - Omar1
it boots, but after 15 minutes of the frozen screen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG