The online racing simulator
Get Usernames and Track Insim (pyinsim)
I'm a php programmer since about 5 years back and I'm looking into python.
As a learning project I'm doing a insim application which is more or less done.

I'm using the pyinsim library, in this project.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=70545

So to my two problem.
1. When a new player is connecting I can get the username of them. But if I have to restart the insim, I don't know how to get them again without kicking everyone out to rejoin.

2. How do I get the track and layout name?
I've seen that I can get it from a relay connection with the (IR_HOS) package. Never got relay to work might need some port to be open?
Can I get this information without relay?
Does Relay work on local servers, only tried with listed LFS server based on example from Documentation from the library.

Help would be very appreciated
#2 - PoVo
If you're good at PHP you might want to try use PRISM which a PHP based InSim plugin system
Quote from PoVo :If you're good at PHP you might want to try use PRISM which a PHP based InSim plugin system

I'm good at it but I want to do this with python.. but even if I do this in php the question remains how do I get the username and trackname? This is more of a package issue I guess. Not worked with sockets/package related communication before.

Also I will be done with my project then these key parts are solved.
#4 - PoVo
You can get the track from the IS_STA packet.
You can sent a IS_TINY with the subtype set to TINY_NCN to re-request the connections (and therefore the usernames) at any time.

I'd suggest you look at InSim.txt in your LFS/docs directory, or http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/InSim.txt which details the underlying packets that pyinsim manages for you.

Relay will work with any server registered with the relay. I believe you can set up your server for relay via lfsworld.net. Bear in mind that the relay must be able to talk directly to your server in order to work correctly.
Quote from ckrudelux :
So to my two problem.
1. When a new player is connecting I can get the username of them. But if I have to restart the insim, I don't know how to get them again without kicking everyone out to rejoin.

2. How do I get the track and layout name?

1. see the_angry_angel
2. see PoVo + AXI packet for layout name

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG