The online racing simulator
Race Green Autosports
(60 posts, started )
#26 - xyx
Falcon ..... xD

Best of luck m8 !

xyx
Gratz!
Team had some interesting adventures through the first few weeks of this year,but about them some other time with a complete and prepared report,but this time other news:

After some sort-of-negotiations,a croation,who lives in Munich,Toni Aničić (LFSW: undertaker00),decided to join Race Green Autosports. Toni is well known in LFS community,so there is no real need to introduce him. He is an active driver since 2004,more seen in public servers,deffinitely one of the top driver with UFR. Toni is active in other Simraceway and he enjoys also a lot of different games,but he is now ready to return in LFS.
Toni's nickname,as most already know,is "qeD" and he will try his skills in various leagues he will have time for.
gl Toni. :cake:
good that you found a team that is not too into leagues and also in to public servers. it will fit you well
January & February 2013 of Race Green Autosports

GT1 World Series

After misfortunes in qualifying in first 2 rounds,in next 2 rounds our union with Angry Angus Racing managed to qualify,in the 24h race with support from guest drivers - even both cars had the chance to start.
Round 3 was 1000km of Westhill,a lot of Green Angus Racing drivers could not take part,so the union fielded just 1 car,which successfully made on starting grid. The #62 Green Angus Racing XRR finished 17th in total clasification,7th in AM class.
Round 4 was the 24h of Kyoto,which saw both union cars qualifying for the race. Both cars had reinforcements - 2 guest drivers for each,allthough one of them never shoved up. #62 car came home in 14th position,which was 3rd in AM class,but #66 GAR2 finished 21st (10th in AM) after various adventures.
After 4 of 6 rounds,#62 is 22nd in overall championship standings and #66 - 36th in 44 car competition,while in AM clasification #62 is 9th,#66 - 16th out of 23.

GenR GT1 Challenge

Meanwhile also the other GT1 league saw RGA drivers starting. In round 2 at Westhill,R.Kampars qualified for the race in strong competition,finished in 18th position. Round 3 in Kyoto GP chicaned track saw already 2 drivers starting the race - M.Linde (Matiss) finished in 15th position,R.Kampars repeated his last round's result by finishing 18th again. There were even 3 drivers,who were eligible for start in 4th round at Aston North,but R.Kronpušs could not participate due other event,so again 2 drivers started the race. R.Kampars repeated this time team's best achievement by finishing 15th,but M.Linde retired from race.
After 4 from 7 rounds,R.Kampars is in 16th position in Championship clasification,M,Linde in 41st position,but both drivers who never started a race - R.Kronpušs and P.Hall - are classified as 47th and 76th between 82 drivers. In Teams championship RGA is classified 10th between 23 teams.

Realistic NASCAR Cup & Open Series

Realistic NASCAR oval competitions have brought some better results for the team,as qualifying for the race hasn't been a problem here.
Round 1 of Cup series was IndyCar 250 - R.Kronpušs was the only driver for RGA in this race (P.Hall joined team after the round),he started from front row,but never really was between leaders of the race by finishing 4th at the end.
Round 2 was the Kyoto 400,where the new RGA member P.Hall set the fastest lap in qualifying,scoring the first ever league event pole position for team,R.Kronpušs just missed out to make all RGA front row for the race. In the first half of race both drivers were more towards rear of the field,but after one of the mid race cautions,both RGA drivers restarted in lead,but due worse quality of connection they were never able to bumpdraft well,as it is the fastest way around the circuit. P.Hall took a good line through turn 3 of the final lap,taking 3rd place in finish,leaving his teammate 4th.
After 2 of 6 rounds,R.Kronpušs is 2nd in overall points standings,P.Hall is 4th,while team is placed 2nd in team standings.

In the lower Open Series,RGA drivers had similar results - round 2 Kyoto 40 saw Rony finishing 4th again,with Falcon 13th,but low attended round 3 Fern Bay 50 was won by Falcon with Rony taking 2nd place. In points standings after 3 of 6 rounds,both drivers are leading in reverse order in comparision to last round results.

All-wheel-drive Winter Series

The own hosted league brough quite good results for the team. Victory in 2nd round wasn't left as the only win,as Invecs managed to win other 2 rounds,taking the main Drivers Champion title,collecting also FXR Master Award,with Rony finishing in 4th this season. After tough points battle with old rivals STO,Race Green Autosports took also the Team Champions title. Allthough the league attendance was pretty much lower than organizers could wish (avg 9 drivers per round).
March 2013 of Race Green Autosports

2013 Kyoto 250

It's deffinitely one of the biggest races of LFS oval racing - a 250 mile race with XRT was held for the 6th time already. Race Green Autosports had 3 entrants this year,unfortunately R.Kampars never had time for it,so all hopes were left to other 2 drivers. Allthough this was already 3rd Kyoto 250 for R.Kronpušs,he wasn't the teams main favourite - already in practice sessions P.Hall proved his oval racing skills. In qualifying the canadian clocked 2nd best time and secured front row start for himself,R.Kronpušs set 13th best time.
R.Kronpušs was set to race into first of duel races,after the mandatory pitstop he returned to track right behind group of leaders,but soon lost draft-connection with them and was keeping 6th position. Later also D.Eikelkamp dropped out of the lead group,waited for the following car,but due to low internet connection quality,the first bumpdrafting try ended with a ride over grass below turn 2,rejoining very close to bottom of event start securing top12. But everything ended well with a 9th place finish,meaning that the green car will start in it's 3rd Kyoto 250 from 17th position.
P.Hall had to race in 2nd duel race,but for him it was more like another practice race,since he had his start position secured. The race went without any cautions,Patrick kept himself between top5 for whole race,driving also alone for a while,seeing the following group failing to catch him,coming in finish 3rd.
Both drivers about their race:
P.Hall: "Started the race from the outside pole but I got a bad restart and ended up in the wall in turn 3. Rallied from outside the top twenty to just outside the top 10 before first safety car, so I felt good about the speed of my car. Safety car after safety car, and I couldn't seem to get the restarts right, always losing a couple of positions. I was being pushed to the front when the server crashed, and when the race was restarted I ended up falling back and getting damage. I came in to pits under one of the late safety cars to repair the damage. Raced from the back to around mid-pack and managed to hang onto 12th at the end. The race didn't go as I planned but I am happy with the final result. I just wish there were some more longer runs."
R.Kronpušs: "My only real objective for the race was to finish better than previous year - 22nd. Unfortunately I got involved in incident even before completing lap 1,lost a lot of time and I was close to be lapped,when the 1st caution came out. Even it was a big break for me,the mess at restarts too often catched me with,so I never had a chance to move up in positions. The server outage kicked me out of rhythm completely,could blame the different wind conditions,but I know it was my fault that I couln't keep good pace when race was green. At the end just other drivers incidents helped me to regain the same 22nd position in finish results. Disapointing race,also would like to see more longer runs,only the first one was unenjoyable due to track position and damage. I'll be back!"

GT1 World Series

Due to driver [un]availability,it somehow happened that drivers of both cars of our 2 team union were driven by teammates - Anguses took XRR (with J.Meade and Z.Gácsi) while FZR was driven by Greens (R,Kronpušs,P.Hall and T.Aničić). Even car #2 outqualified the #1,in race everything normalized - the XRR had relatively trouble free race,while FZR was involved in quite few incidents,while others were minor (well,sort of),the last one ended the race - team used caution to make pitstop with driver change,exiting pits,FZR met a little unpatiant nFinity eSports driver S.Wojtkowiak,who hit our car multiple times after exiting speed limit area,spining it sideways in narrow pitroad,then the pole tried to fix his mistake,but slight lags in process made him to make even more harm - #66 GAR2 car ended up with wheels against the sun on pit exit road,making one of the most bizzare retirements of GT1WS.
Not long after it,bizzare went also the event server,causing the race end early. This (if 75% completion rule to score points is taken from winners distance) could still give some points to GAR#2 car,while #1 car is scored 19th in still unnoficial result. Also series standings are still unupdated due to official results still pending.

Other leagues/events

GenR GT1 Challenge. In march there were 2 rounds of this league. The attendance drops towards season end like in most leagues,meaning no problems to qualify for races. In round 5 at South City in the Town Course R.Kronpušs run a decent race,finishing in 11th position,which is the best for Race Green Autosports in this league so far. Even after being ahead of teammate in early race phase,R.Kampars ended up 12th because of lack of preperation.
Round 6 was held at the classic Blackwood GP track,R.Kampars this time repeated best position - 11th,2 other Greens followed in results - 12th was R.Kronpušs,13th - P.Hall,who won a tough battle with T.Falkenberg in final laps.
Before the final round R.Kampars now is 10th in Driver's Championship standings,R.Kronpušs is 18th,but 2 drivers with just one finished round - P.Hall and M.Linde are accordingly in 45th and 50th places. In Team's Championship Race Green Autosports has climbed up to 6th position.

Realistic Nascar's Cup Series. Round 3 was held at the short and elevation rich oval,found at Fern Bay track using XRT. P.Hall finished the 150 lap race in 3rd position as the last driver in lead lap,but R.Kronpušs never had pace to challenge opponents for better position and finished 8th.
After half season P.Hall is 4th in standings,R.Kronpušs is 5th,but team holds a pretty solid 2nd position.

FM Fox Friday. It was the first time when RGA attended this weekly event,as a pre-party for Kyoto250,team joined this event held at Kyoto Oval. After the 120 lap race all 3 attended drivers finished between best 9 - Invecs (as it's a non-formal event,we use also here nicknames instead of surnames) was 4th,Falcon was 6th,but Rony - 9th. Even with attending just 1 of 13 races,in event standings RGA took 7th position with Invecs in 21st as the best in drivers standings.

Future plans

Seeing new leagues announced,Race Green Autosports are planning to attend in few of these - GenR's Turbo Trophy has already 4 signed up members,also the new New Endurace Challenge is in plans,currently it's unclear about participation details.
Of course for endurance leagues the team sometimes end up a little short in drivers amount (as not everyone is always awailable),so we're still searching for interested drivers,who are willing to test their skills in league racing. Feel free to contact us!
And there are also plans about our own new league,dates of it have already been entered into callendar - starting with late may every second tuesday (in alternate weeks of RTFRi) there will be some GTR sprint racing action under GTAS name. More details,schedule,sign-ups and other stuff will be unveiled later this month!
And yes,there will be some MayDay event... Stay tuned!
April 2013 of Race Green Autosports

GT1 World Series

In second weekend of april was the final GT1WS round - 12 hours of Aston at Aston Historic track. Our Green Angus Racing union team manager Jared Meade prepared special skins for this round - both cars had Austin Powers paint schemes (Austin Powers filled weekend suspected from author) - XRR carried Dr.Evil logos while FZR was named Race Groovy Autosports and had bright typical Austin Powers colors.
The race had it's ups and downs - while out guest drivers Kevin Leu and András Szarka made good progress in race by climbing up positions,server crashes really spoiled the fun of racing. At the end of race GAR #2 took 10th place despite a time out,but GAR #1 finished 13th,starting from almost end of grid.
At the final standings unions 1st car XRR was placed 17th in overall classification (8th in AM) with 1 DNF and 1 DNPQ,but our 2nd car FZR was racing only in 2nd half of series,ending in 23rd overall place (12th in AM) in 48 team list.

Realistic NASCAR Cup / Open Series

April brough 2 double wins for Race Green Autosports in these events. First was Open Series round 4 - Nationwide 50,where restricted FZR was used in a 27 lap race in Kyoto Oval. Both RGA drivers Falcon and Rony worked together well to pull out massive 27 seconds lead over closest rivals,Falcon had just enough slipstream and the final straight to pass his teammate for a win. Even points standings aren't updated yet,by quick calculations is clear that Falcon made also pass for a lead in series.
Cup Series round 4 StockCar 250 was a 135 lap race with a standart FZR around same Kyoto Oval. The race start wasn't too good,but later race was stretched out by a series of caution creating crashes. Just after half of the race was the last caution,where both RGA drivers stayed out of pits,taking leading positions,after restart they managed to drop the "third wheel" and started to pull away from the rest of the field,securing safe distance from followers. Also in this race Rony overtook the teammate in final turn of the race and tried his luck on final straight,while Patrick mistimed his pass and could not make the overtake for win,allowing Rony to take his first win for more then a year in sanctioned international racing events. Allthough official results are yet to be released.

Other leagues / events

GenR GT1 Challenge. Final round was held in Kyoto National circuit and 4 RGA drivers were attending in it. Matīss Linde took the first teams top10 finish of series by finishing 8th,Toni Aničić took 10th,followed directly by R.Kampars and R.Kronpušs in 11th and 12th positions.
In final standings Rolands Kampars had the best position - he finished the series in 8th position despite not qualifying for the first one. R.Kronpušs took 14th in final standings (2nd highest FZR driver),taking part in race just in last 3 rounds,M.Linde was 26th with 3 races,one of them a DNF,T.Aničić was 41st,P.Hall - 46th,both with 1 finished race.
Race Green Autosports took the respectable 5th position in Team's Championship standings.
GenR Turbo Trophy. Just 1 week after one GenR league finishing,a new one started. Round 1 pre-qualifying was attended by 5 RGA drivers,one of them just a team's guest driver though,unfortunately just 2 of them qualified for the race,but T.Aničić did not attend it due personal reasons,so all hopes for good results were up to M.Linde. He qualified 9th (classified 8th after DQ of one driver) and was the fastest FXO driver. He finished 7th in both races and was satisfied with his performance in one of the toughest fields lately seen in any leagues. 7th is also his current championship position,putting team 6th in Team's championship.
ETCC GT2. While round wasn't attended by any of RGA drivers,Matīss took part in round 2 - he finished 8th in the 9 lap sprint race,but improved his performance to runner up position in the 23 lap race 2,taking 9th position in drivers standings after 2 rounds and putting team in 4th.

New driver signing

We're proud to announce a new member of Race Green Autosports - yesterday Thorsten Ulrich (LFSW: Masterboy19660815) agreed to join our line up. Here's is his quick self-introduction:
  • I'm Thorsten Ulrich, living in germany near the Dutch border. My team History is just about two teams: First I started my own Team (Team 6th Gear racing) with a good friend out of my town, the we both joined TRR, after I had some troubles inside the team, I formed a new Team - and wonder, it`s Team 6th Gear Racing with new colours, afterwards I joined TRR again. And now I'm looking for new sites inside RGA.
    I'm working as an automotive mechatronics engineer. In my free time, I'm spending a lot of time with Karts, Gaming or just having fun on Party.
Thorsten will be using "T.Ulrich" besides team tag and takes over from Matīss the honor to have the biggest online distance of the team. He is a big Formula V8 fanatic and will join LFSCART Series whenever he will have time and try his skills in other various leages that will attract his interest.
gratz!
Good luck!
Race Green is making some good progress. Awesome to see!
I'm really looking forward to the time with RGA Thanks for this warm and friendly welcome
New member!
As some might have noticed in other team thread (info now removed),Race Green Autosports has a newcomer in their line-up - it's the slovenian Niko Demec (LFSW: HighRoad),who did show interest about joining the team. Here is his self-introduction in free form:
Quote :I'm active as much as I can possibly be. I was demo for 2 years and then bought s2. Was pretty much a drifter and racer (RTS days) then was a racer for a long time. Was into cruising (CSR and GLOW and TJ) but now I'm back to racing. I'm 21yrs old and just have to finish the diploma on telecommunications school. In my free time I am working on the other job (I have 2) and playing football and other sports. And I'm using RG^ tag.

Niko will be using his usual nickname,which is just like his LFSW licence name,"HighRoad" besides team tag and has already signed-up for Turbo Trophy,but will try to join other leagues too!
grats niko and good luck RG
good luck guys
Grats.

Rony du machst das klasse!
Niko is a good driver and an awesome person. I'm glad he finally have teammates who are more into public racing and time zones conflict less. He really deserves it
Good luck matey!
dobro dosao, balkanac
Good luck Niko!
Good luck!
This is extremely late, but I think Rony typo'd his own name in the first paragraph. It should read:

Quote :which history stretches up to year 2006,where team founder Rony

No,it's not a typo,as I'm not the founder of the old TheReality team,it was indeed someone with name Roby (in full name Roberts). I wasn't even aware of LFS at that time.
So then Rony is the real typo!?
Summer of Race Green Autosports

Rony Kronpušs and Race Green Autosports takes championship titles in LFASCART Series 2013!

Allthough there were no real messages during summer about our progress,the summer brought us some very good results - driver's and team's championship titles of LFSCART Series 2013! Despite not being the fastest driver in this competition,dedication and persistance to race with his favourite LFS car brought Rony Kronpušs the Driver's Championship title,bringing an example to everyone that also an average racer can accomplish good results,if he finishes what he starts! Also rest of the team was dedicated and put up good results with at least 2 drivers scoring points in every round except the unlucky round 7,making a serious bid for team's title already after half of the season.

Season started relatively well for Rony,who finished 10th in 27 car field in round 1,despite being criticized for being slow ("the snail" and for wrong tyre choice. In round 2 the newly signed member Thorsten took the first top5 finish of the season,while Rony failed in last lap pass for 10th place. Thorsten was also the highest ranked finisher in rounds 3 and 4 with 6th and 7th place finishes,while Matīss helped out in round 3 to score 7th place points,Rony had a disastrous race finishing last at Westhill.

The big one - Kyoto 500 saw 4 Race Green Autosports cars starting the race with Patrick on pole position,which is the first ever top level racing pole position for the team. Even if 3 fastest cars were between top 6 at one point of the race,unfortunately only Rolands reached the finish,as both Patrick and Rony have been involved in incidents,which sent cars out of track,but Thorsten just retired after unlucky race.

The race between both oval rounds compensated the misfortunes,as all 3 cars finished in top 5 with Thorsten taking teams first podium finish in LFSCART by finishing 2nd. The reversed oval round came with a chance for Rony and Thorsten to take over championship lead,which never happened,as Thorsten never attended the race (due disliking oval races),but Rony crashed out very early. But championship lead was eventually taken by Rony,as he drove a solid race in round 8 with 2nd podium finish for team,where Rolands finished 6th to secure teams champions title,Thorsten blew his chance to take championship lead by being uncautios in caution where he hit crashed car and rolled.

Despite Rony being sure that some of other championship contenders will overtake him in points,the round was still a nailbiter - with Arttu stealing race lead from championship contenders and Rony having good pace to climb up the field,looked like the race for title is not over yet,but then Rony received a very questionable penalty for [apparently] avoidable incident with Steven Martin. After that the race for title seemed to be over,but Rony put together all his motivation and raced as fast as he could to save at least 2nd or 3rd place in championship and finished 7th (with Matīss finishing 4th to take 7th top 5 finish of the season for the team),which after points recalculation was enough to be crowned the LFSCART Series 2013 Driver's Champion!

Thorsten Ulrich finished the season in 8th place in standings,Matīss Linde took 14th with only 3 finished races,Rolands Kampars had a very inactive season with 3 starts and finished tied 16th,but taking part in 1 round put Patrick Hall in 47th place. Team's latvian drivers were also the key to put Latvia in 3rd place in Nation's Cup,as there were no other latvian drivers to take part.

Team's drivers performance during season:

Round 1 - Grand Prix of Aston (AS6R)
_10. Rony Kronpušs (q 23rd)
_15. Rolands Kampars (q 17th)

Round 2 - English Grand Prix (BL1)
__5. Thorsten Ulrich (q 6th)
_11. Rony Kronpušs (q 14th)

Round 3 - Westhill Grand Prix (WE1)
__6. Thorsten Ulrich (q 7th)
__7. Matīss Linde (q 14th)
_13. Rony Kronpušs (q 11th)

Round 4 - Speedweeks Road 250K (K32R)
__7. Thorsten Ulrich (q 9th)
__9. Rony Kronpušs (q 12th)

Round 5 - Kyoto 500 (KY1)
__5. Rolands Kampars (q 11th)
_15. Thorsten Ulrich (q 29th) - retired
_16. Rony Kronpušs (q 7th) - crashed out of track
_18. Patrick Hall (q 1st) - crashed out of track

Round 6 - City 250 (SO5R)
__2. Thorsten Ulrich (q 4th)
__4. Matīss Linde (q 5th)
__5. Rony Kronpušs (q 9th)

Round 7 - Clockwise Challenge (KY1R)
__9. Matīss Linde (q 6th) - retired,no points
_11. Rony Kronpušs (q 4th) - crashed out of track,no points

Round 8 - Jamaican Grand Prix (FE3R)
__3. Rony Kronpušs (q 7th)
__6. Rolands Kampars (q 11th)
_10. Thorsten Ulrich (q 2nd) - rolled car,no points

Round 9 - Grand Prix Japan (KY2)
__4. Matīss Linde (q 5th)
__7. Rony Kronpušs (q 12th)

LFSCART Light Series.
The smaller brother of the FO8 league unfortunately had to have last 2 rounds cancelled due to lack of interest from drivers,so after 7 round season Rony Kronpušs finished in 3rd place in driver's championship,but Race Green Autosports took runner-up position in team's championship,conceding only to dominating Team Vires.

Turbo Trophy.
Matīss Linde had a very successful season in this TBO class league as he finished 3rd in overall standings with 4 top 5 finishes,being the best of FXO drivers. Race Green Autosports ended in 5th place in team's championship with only 2 drivers attending.

Members change. After 4 months Thorsten Ulrich has decided to leave team. Team want's to thank him for his effort in LFSCART Series,where he scored a lot of points for team to help secure title even before last round. We wish Thorsten good luck in future!

Future plans.
Even if team seems less active then half a year ago,we're still not quitting LFS unlike many other. We have plans to take part in GT World Series (we might need help from outside as our line-up might be too short for 24h race and maybe for even 12h),GenR GT1 Challenge and possibly we will use the guaranteed spot on grid in GenR 9h of Aston.
Event organization is a bit on hold,as our GTAS failed to attract any serious interest,the planed autumn league has been crossed out,also the 3rd season of AWS is under question,but RTFRi will be still continued until bitter end and also the 3rd annual This is Crashmaaas!!! is alredy set to take place,so join us for some racing fun!

Race Green Autosports
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG