The online racing simulator
Adobe Premier Plugins
(4 posts, started )
Adobe Premier Plugins
anyone suggest any plugins to get for adobe premier 6.5 or 1.5 pro?
i was just starting to look for more effects/ transistions and see how other things can look without the default effects/transistions and what not.
thanks
#2 - Smax
That's really what Adobe After Effects is for.

you could try the link below, I'll confess I use After Effects, and my Premiere installation is as standard, so I couldn't tell you if any of these are any good.

http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freepm.htm
what exactly is after effects used for? is it like animations and special effects? or can you also video edit (like you would in premier?) or does premier have more depth in the video editing aspect and after effects are more just for the few speciial animations/effects?
#4 - Smax
Premiere edits After Effects does not.

After Effects is effectively photoshop for motion graphics. It allows you to stack up layers like you would with a .psd file and apply affects to them and turn them on and off. Premiere can acheive this to a certain extent, but After Effects is capable of using the photshop blend modes [colour dodge etc etc] and applying animated effects to layers, and many other things which Premiere cannot do.

Essentially the two are designed to work together, Premiere first to do the editing then After Effects [hence the word "after"] to do the clever stuff.
Premiere renders at a higher quality than After Effects and After Effects is not designed to deal with hours of footage, it wants you to give it small segments to play with... it will deal with however much footage you throw at it, but you'd better have a fast machine if you import 30 mins into it.

It's not commonly used professionally for films,because truth be told it's a bit clunky, however it is more widely used in making commercials. The only film I know of which was post processed by After Effects is "Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow" starring Jude Law, Gwynet Paltrow and Angelina Jolie.

Adobe Premier Plugins
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG