The online racing simulator
G25 Clutch Travel
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Omar1
G25 Clutch Travel
In lfs and lfs only, i press my G25 clutch pedal half way and it registers fully engaged on lfs, whereas im only pressing it half way.

It works fine in other games and profiler - 100% travel with my movements.

Anyone know why this is?
It's been like that for ages as far as I know. I'm not sure why, probably to simulate a more "proper" clutch engaging point.
#3 - Omar1
It just feels broken to me, i want to use full travel!
Ah, I already thought my clutch was acting weird on my clubsport pedals...
#5 - Omar1
Same for you Bose?
#6 - Hahmo
It's same for everyone. It's the feature in LFS.
Quote from Omar1 :It just feels broken to me, i want to use full travel!

in real car you shift with barely using clutch, if you are lazy like me
and most clutches "bites" in first 20% of full pedal range
You can always just make a pedal stop that limits the travel of the clutch pedal, like racing pedal assemblies in real cars have. (Though in real life it's just so you don't destroy the slave cylinder or master cylinder by over stroking/bottoming them out, but still)
#9 - Omar1
ah sucks, never noticed with my old setup - dfgt with other wheel pedals as a clutch
I actually like how lfs makes the clutch work as it feels like one from a real car

Would feel weird if the clutch started actually working right when you first lift off
well, in real life clutch feel differs a lot from car to car. VW clutches for me have a more resistance then say Renault ones, and some small Toyota Yaris I once drove had a clutch that wouldn't snap back at all, really weird.

Does anyone know how to make G25 pedals more stiff? Since I build my extensions on them they feel a little weak, especially the gas pedal
stiffer spring there or something..
Quote from ACCAkut :well, in real life clutch feel differs a lot from car to car. VW clutches for me have a more resistance then say Renault ones, and some small Toyota Yaris I once drove had a clutch that wouldn't snap back at all, really weird.

Every Renault I've driven (including the Clio I helped a guy bump start at the supermarket yesterday) the bite point has been almost at the end of the pedal travel, it actually put me off buying one.

The pedal on my current Focus is quite heavy though, I don't like that either tbh! Clutches, they're all shit.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Every Renault I've driven (including the Clio I helped a guy bump start at the supermarket yesterday) the bite point has been almost at the end of the pedal travel, it actually put me off buying one.

It really depends on the car. My car's clutch is very progresive, it requires almost full travel to change gear. My father's car, which is the same model, just need a bit of the travel to work. Other Ranult have hydraulic clutch, that may not affect the travel, but sure changes the feel completly.

G25 Clutch Travel
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG