The online racing simulator
Black Mesa is out
(11 posts, started )
Black Mesa is out
Found this on other racing forums. The guys remade HalfLife1 with the new engine, and it's also free so that everyone can experience the best FPS game story ever. Boy, it brings out so many 1998 memories

http://release.blackmesasource.com/
It's a great nostalgy trip. The attention to detail is very impressive and professional, these guys deserve a job in the game development scene if they don't already have one.
Quote from Matrixi :It's a great nostalgy trip. The attention to detail is very impressive and professional, these guys deserve a job in the game development scene if they don't already have one.

Definitely great effort, and also thumbs up to Valve for giving it away for free. And who knows, maybe it will give a boost to the sequel sales.
The level of quality is amazing. I have a smile on my face everytime I play it. So much nostalgy...
Quote from kill_em_all :Definitely great effort, and also thumbs up to Valve for giving it away for free. And who knows, maybe it will give a boost to the sequel sales.

It's not Valve Shame it's not the full release though
Dear god I thought this was dead. Last update I heard was when in 2009 it was "about to be released very soon".

Definately going to try this out.
Quote from DejaVu :It's not Valve Shame it's not the full release though

I pointed at the owner of the rights for Half Life 1, not the modder.
Quote from kill_em_all :Found this on other racing forums. The guys remade HalfLife1 with the new engine, and it's also free so that everyone can experience the best FPS game story ever. Boy, it brings out so many 1998 memories

http://release.blackmesasource.com/

Thanks for the hint, downloaded, installed, enjoying the great memories in a new graphic quality...

#9 - DeKo
I came to Half Life late, when HL2 came out. Loved HL2 and episodes but just couldn't go back to 1 after playing 2, felt like a massive step backwards. This mod has been vapour ware for years, I'm so glad it's finally out.
I still have my half life disc and cd case with opposing force
Quote from DeKo :I came to Half Life late, when HL2 came out. Loved HL2 and episodes but just couldn't go back to 1 after playing 2, felt like a massive step backwards. This mod has been vapour ware for years, I'm so glad it's finally out.

It's always a timing thing, playing HL1 the first time around 17 leaves deeper marks than doing it at 30. HL2 was very good too, but didn't impress me that much. Comes with age I guess..

Black Mesa is out
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG