The online racing simulator
French translation updates
(8 posts, started )
In relation to language packs, I took the liberty to start revising French.txt because I spotted more than 10 mistakes in the first 50 lines. I should be able to finish the revision Wednesday or Thursday. I realise this is a rather futile matter but some mistakes are rather embarrassing.

I wondered, do you prefer a literal translation of English.txt (resulting in some text being too long to fit elegantly in a button) or shorter alternatives?

Finally, do I have to mail the official translators or can I safely work on this on my own and post the revised file in the "Language Packs" section? Obviously I would gladly accept becomming an official translator but if that's not possible a green light would be appreciated so that I know if I should proceed or not.
Quote from sicotange :In relation to language packs, I took the liberty to start revising French.txt because I spotted more than 10 mistakes in the first 50 lines. I should be able to finish the revision Wednesday or Thursday. I realise this is a rather futile matter but some mistakes are rather embarrassing.

I wondered, do you prefer a literal translation of English.txt (resulting in some text being too long to fit elegantly in a button) or shorter alternatives?

Finally, do I have to mail the official translators or can I safely work on this on my own and post the revised file in the "Language Packs" section? Obviously I would gladly accept becomming an official translator but if that's not possible a green light would be appreciated so that I know if I should proceed or not.

Thanks for this, I'm pleased if you can improve the translation.

You can see the latest version here : http://www.lfs.net/lfs_transla ... ic_translation_viewer.php - I don't know if anything changed since 0.6B but I did add a ^8 on the line 3a_lostcn_x

The easiest way would be for you to have access to the translation system, which I can give you very easily. I'd prefer to have the agreement of the active translators first - they are Oliv76000 and Tungsten - if they are happy for you to help then I'll give you access.

Maybe you could send them a PM?
Just to keep you up-to-date, I contacted Oliv76000 and Tungsten yesterday and am awaiting their reply.
Quote from sicotange :Just to keep you up-to-date, I contacted Oliv76000 and Tungsten yesterday and am awaiting their reply.

Thanks!
Quote :Thanks for this, I'm pleased if you can improve the translation.

You can see the latest version here : http://www.lfs.net/lfs_translate/pub...ion_viewer.php - I don't know if anything changed since 0.6B but I did add a ^8 on the line 3a_lostcn_x

The easiest way would be for you to have access to the translation system, which I can give you very easily. I'd prefer to have the agreement of the active translators first - they are Oliv76000 and Tungsten - if they are happy for you to help then I'll give you access.

Maybe you could send them a PM?

I received Tungsten's reply to my PM this afternoon. He kindly accepted my offer to help them improve the French translation.

Sorry to bother you again about this right now.
Hi, I've sent you an email explaining the online translation system.

This morning I went through that French translation fixing some colons, some had a space before, some did not, and some were missing. I also tried to make some other punctuation things more consistent.

I was only fixing format issues, my French is much too bad to change any words.

EDIT : My email failed to get to you. Please can you enter a valid email in your user account?
Quote :This morning I went through that French translation fixing some colons, some had a space before, some did not, and some were missing. I also tried to make some other punctuation things more consistent.

Aww, I wanted to spare you from doing that. Are you still aiming to release a patch today? I can work around the clock to release my revisions in a few hours but I won't rush things through so I'm not sure if I will be able to complete them today.

Quote :My email failed to get to you. Please can you enter a valid email in your user account?

Sorry, should be fixed now.
OK, I've sent that mail again.

You can take it easy with those updates, don't rush it.

I won't be able to get that update out today. Some of the fixes I was still working on turned out to be more complicated than expected, but worth doing now in an incompatible patch. Also on the hacker thread in the main forum, it has been shown that a user can still connect as an admin and cause the host to crash.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG