The online racing simulator
Nvidia Gtx 560 TDU2?
(8 posts, started )
Nvidia Gtx 560 TDU2?
Well, my old 9600 GSO finally gave away. 6/10 capacitors blown on it, so I'm planning on getting a EVGA GTX 560 (SE maybe). I'm wondering with that combined with an AMD Athalon X2 Dual Core, would I be able to run TDU2? I got it a while back, and couldn't run it. Probably 3 fps, horrible. So, hopefully I'd be able to run it?
Your CPU will be a huge bottleneck to that card. Even my C2D E8400, a far superior CPU to your Athlon X2, couldn't keep up with my GTX480.

For example, Deus Ex: HR never ran right until I upgraded my CPU to a Core i7 2600K (also included a motherboard and RAM upgrade).
Sorry to desapoint you man, but you probably wont.

TDU2 is a very demanding game ( although i cant really point out why.... ) , it needs a good CPU to run properly. Also, it helps to have good RAM memories and at least 4G.

Yes, you will probably notice a diference, but i dont know if it will be enough to get you to some playable fps.

my old PC was an Intel core2duo@3,0 ; 4G ram @800 ; ATI HD5770 1Gddr5 , and TDU2 dragged like hell!! 15-20 fps in cities 25-30 in country. Not playable for me.
How many gigs of RAM do you have? I've got 4. The motherboard is fairly new, so I really wouldn't want to upgrade that.
Quote from Forbin :Your CPU will be a huge bottleneck to that card. Even my C2D E8400, a far superior CPU to your Athlon X2, couldn't keep up with my GTX480.

For example, Deus Ex: HR never ran right until I upgraded my CPU to a Core i7 2600K (also included a motherboard and RAM upgrade).

How many gigs of RAM do you have? I've got 4. The motherboard is fairly new, so I really wouldn't want to upgrade that.

Edit: I just failed at editing that. Sorry for double post.
I think you have DDR2 memory, if you do you wouldnt get anything good out of it, altho there is not much difference between DDR2and DDR3 it would affect performance but 4Gb isn't much for games but for big open world games the render of the world is slower. Also if you are willing to play TDU2, you would need some new processor, such as i5 2500k or Phenom X6 if you are tight on money..
4GB is probably sufficient. However, like FRZN-95 says, it's probably DDR2. If you want to upgrade your CPU, you're probably going to have to replace both your motherboard and RAM too.

A motherboard swap can be fairly daunting for a complete newbie. Look up some guides on how to do it if that's the path you want to take.

If your computer is a pre-built (e.g. Dell, et al.), this may be impossible.
Quote from Forbin :4GB is probably sufficient. However, like FRZN-95 says, it's probably DDR2. If you want to upgrade your CPU, you're probably going to have to replace both your motherboard and RAM too.

A motherboard swap can be fairly daunting for a complete newbie. Look up some guides on how to do it if that's the path you want to take.

If your computer is a pre-built (e.g. Dell, et al.), this may be impossible.

Mines all custom, slowly upgrading parts over the years. But, I can run ArmA II fine. Or at least playable, if that would mean anything.

Nvidia Gtx 560 TDU2?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG