The online racing simulator
Best Headphones?
(36 posts, started )
It is so interesting to see the kinds of headphones people are suggesting in here. It looks as if the brands you can get are somewhat limited to the country/continent you are a part of.

Seinnheisser's for example, those are very rarely seen here, and most of the time other brands you guys may have never heard of are sold here.

I suppose any of use would have to order overseas or find some online retailer that would sell those rare kinds you cannot find in stores.
My Sennheiser R120's just arrived (Had to go wireless due to a slight 'wire chewing' habit :shy

Oh my. They sound epic.

Slight bit of static noise if no sound is playing, but other than that. Wow. :hyper:
yup
Sennheisers do have a habit for blowing your socks off the first time you hear them because they're so superior to the average crap that most people (that includes all you iPod owners!) are used to. Their in-ear phones (MX series IIRC) aren't a patch on their headphones mind.
Quote from TiJay :Their in-ear phones (MX series IIRC) aren't a patch on their headphones mind.

Yeah, I used to own a pair of MX500s (then top of the line) earphones, sounded much better than freebies but I could still tell they were awful. Absolutely no comparison to the sound isolating earbuds I use now.
I have some sennheiser px100's, they are not very expensive and are portable. I have used the px200's before, they are a closed design and don't have much bass, the general consensus seems to be that the px100's are better.

Also, a great place to buy and compare headphones is headphone.com, I suggest you look at the heaphones there, sort them by price and find some with a good rating to match your needs.
Also going to give another vote for Sennheiser headphones. I've got a pair of HD570s and can wear them all day. They are extremely light for studio headphones compared to my previous 2 pairs of Sony headphones. I paid $239 CDN but I listen to a lot of music as well. I love them. My parents called me crazy when I bought them though .
Quote from dodo.ger :hmm, very rarely seen? http://www.sennheiserusa.com/n ... e&statenam=California

539 dealers in california, attention, 4mb page.

Trust me, they aren't very common. Aswell as some other models people have mentioned here. Not sure what those are...

It's just the fact that Sony mostly takes over the stores, and also some other big names in headphones/audio. I'd probably have to go to some expensive audio place to see if I could find a nice brand. But I don't want to pay much, and the Sony's I have were the best they make according to reviews, and about the maximum I'll ever pay for headphones. Anything else is just overkill. I mean come on, people want headphones with "surround" sound in them, with 3 speakers in each cup, that is stupid and pointless. You have it so close to your ear, directional sound is of no use... not to mention, being that close to your ears are essentially just plain old 'stereo'. People should be buying quality 2 speaker headphones with better magnets, comfortability, and enough cup to cover your entire ear so you don't hear around you (no not that stupid electronic noise cancelling crap).
I bought some Sennheiser HD25s last year and they are amazing for their sheer clarity, isolation & build quality. However, they have absolutely no sound stage whatsoever since they are monitors.

My advice is that if you are looking for a pair to give you directional feedback then avoid monitor headphones since they are designed to let you hear exactly which ear the sound is coming from, not which direction. All 3d effects are totally lost, at least with the HD25s.
Quote from TiJay :Sennheisers do have a habit for blowing your socks off the first time you hear them because they're so superior to the average crap that most people (that includes all you iPod owners!) are used to. Their in-ear phones (MX series IIRC) aren't a patch on their headphones mind.

Went through about 5 iPod earphones in a month... Maybe i should turn the restrictor back on!?!

The Sennheissers are just amazing and will last forever with the restrictor off!!
(I used GoPod to de-restrict it, if anybody is asking)
I've been buying Sennheisers for the past 20 years now. Nothing in my view comes close to the quality and comfort at a reasonable price. I get on average 7 years wear from them before they eventually fall apart or a dog or child chews through a cable.

Best Headphones?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG