The online racing simulator
How To Edit DDS Files Using Paint.net Tutorial
No DDS converters? No Photoshop? No Problem!!! You don't need any of that crap anyway to edit DDS files, simply download Paint.net and watch the brief tutorial video and in less than 5 minutes, you will be able to edit DDS files with ease! Be sure to make a backup copy of your DDS folder BEFORE editing anything just in case it's needed. Enjoy everyone!

lol I wasn't sure where to place the thread initially but thanks for moving it to the appropriate section guys!
good guide and very helpful
Thanks Spotty & Fragen! I've tried several programs in regards to editing DDS files and have found Paint.net to be the easiest program to use since it can open, edit, and save any DDS file with DXT1, DXT3, or DXT5 settings. DXT3 and DXT5 are especially useful when editing gauge clusters that have an alpha channel where the RPM lights and engine data appears.
Experimenting with different color gauges for the BF1 wheel and noticed some area in the center that appear darker but only in certain light angles when the sunlight hits the wheel. I tried different settings including DXT1 and DXT3, no luck.

How To Edit DDS Files Using Paint.net Tutorial
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG