The online racing simulator
Strange Controller Problem
(5 posts, started )
Hey folks,

I recently got me a pair of finnmotion pedals, and they have worked alright except for some minor calibration problems.Well, tonight as I fired up LFS I experienced some rather odd behaviour - From main menu I go directly to Options-->Controllers-->Axes/FF..okie, no problem here pedals are responding as expected.Then I go to hotlapping mode, enter the track with my selected car, and suddenly nothing works.Wheel doesn't respond, pedals are at 100% and don't respond to input either.( the buttons on wheel do respond though).Now, I can start up dxtweak, and pedals are performing as expected, and are recognized in 'game controllers'.

I also tried unplugging the pedals and using my momo force pedals again, and they worked perfectly (in LFS hotlapping mode)..plugged in finnmotions again, same problem.Tried installing lfs on another hard drive, same problem.

Also, I've recently installed a new mobo which has caused me a load of problems.Following some advice found on the net, I tried reseating one of my ram sticks to another DIMM slot, and haven't had any problems since ( weird behaviour, random crashes)..but I wonder if something (Some system file?) has become corrupted that could explain the odd behaviour I'm seeing in LFS?

Hope someone can help,

tyrion
Just a small update.First I was incorrect about the [momo] wheel not working ingame.It does.Next, I've tried booting my old windows install, and the finnmotions work ingame ( hotlapping/Splayer mode).

Apart from that I've tried everything from reinstalling directx, to updating BIOS, doing a chkdsk /r, defragmenting the harddrive, unplugging the momo's usb connector, and a couple of other things.
Only suspicious thing I've noticed, is that if I enter Main menu in LFS, go to Options-->Controllers, there's about a second when the pedals are at 100%, and then the values reset to normal so to speak.I wonder if perhaps the same thing happens when entering hotlapping mode i.e., but for some reason the values get stuck at 100%
Curious. What happens if you force re-calibrate in-game during hotlapping?
Tried what you suggested.After recalibration the values simply get stuck at 0% throttle/brake instead.Pressing down throttle/brake, as before, has no effect

edit: I suppose a windows repair install could potentially solve the problem?
Problem solved.It would appear that enabling cool'n' quiet in BIOS was the cause, something I would have never thought of had I not disabled it for other reasons.Disabled now, finnmotion working again

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG