The online racing simulator
Anyone remembers this?
(22 posts, started )
Anyone remembers this?
I dont know why, but today i remembered this. The iTCC 2009 Highlights!!! And since this is a bit old, i though about posting it here to bring back memories to some folks, and show the new ones what was iTCC in the "old" days. Its a very good video, full of energy and action!!

Does anyone remember this??

David Novak was the producer of this great video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFgG6bTx-HU
I do remember - and everytime I watch it I always feel like I want to race iTCC right now!
This is the most exciting review video that I've ever seen. No doubts. great stuff. Nicely done montage with nice commentary and good music!
I do... Great stuff.
Awesome video
Makes me want to race iTCC again
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :Makes me want to race iTCC again

here too, but not again, because i didn't have droven this before. Anyways cool video with great battles
Have this saved and watched it the other day - great video and great series.
I miss this.
For me this was the most exciting league in LFS, but only the first 2 years! After that it became too much competitive...a little to violent, wich eventualy ruined it for me ( and a few other too ). Dennis, i remember you in there . I was in one of the Karma cars ( the red ones with the big K ).

But now i ask, why cant there be another league similar to this, where everyone drives the bus with heavy restrictions, but with strict rules??
Amazing video!

Quote from JBiturbo :

But now i ask, why cant there be another league similar to this, where everyone drives the bus with heavy restrictions, but with strict rules??

iTCC is now an New Dimension Racing property after the merger, all the original iCON people who created the series got real life to get in the way. I talk to Joe Keaveny (who did the streams that me passo and boothy commentated on) via Facebook every so often, he might be back to LFS sometime soon.

The reason iTCC is shuttered for now is because of how driver behaviour got in its 3rd season, as well as the massive drop in participation. If/When the next patch comes out, and if/when the participation in LFS picks back up, it may come back.

All in all though, it's great to see this video again, back when broadcasting in LFS was more or less at it's best quantity and quality-wise.
Quote from dekojester :
The reason iTCC is shuttered for now is because of how driver behaviour got in its 3rd season, as well as the massive drop in participation. If/When the next patch comes out, and if/when the participation in LFS picks back up, it may come back.

I would say this is what LFS needs, the return of one of the best series that has ever came to LFS. IMO, some things are missing in LFS, like a missing peice of the puzzle. People have created other leagues to find this 'missing peice' by creating leagues such as GT2ws an so on.

I dont think participation would be a factor in the fail of the league if it was brought back to life, so to speak. There are so many more drivers that have come on to the radar and are competing at a higher level more and more, and i think that iTCC would be a great way for people to show their talent. Everything in GTR racing that is around is endurance based, and its starting to get old, boring and repetative. So this is why i say bring back iTCC as soon as possible, its sprint racing, its close racing and very challenging.
If so many people are posting posts like "Oh yea, this would be fun, I would be deffo up for it" - that should mean that there would actually be interest in the return of iTCC
S2 only? or can this be created with demo cars as such, or maybe there wouldnt be as much commitment within the demo community :/
Quote from nimro :S2 only? or can this be created with demo cars as such, or maybe there wouldnt be as much commitment within the demo community :/

iTCC is international Touring Car Cup. Not for GTi or Open Wheel.
I will look for a suitable Sunday (iTCC is a Sunday affair, MOAR important than going to church, amirite? ) to run at least a test event / one off on. It will be no earlier than mid-September. I'll post here and in the iTCC section (which I'll likely have moved to the NDR sub-forum soon)
Wooooo!
Quote from dekojester :I will look for a suitable Sunday (iTCC is a Sunday affair, MOAR important than going to church, amirite? ) to run at least a test event / one off on. It will be no earlier than mid-September. I'll post here and in the iTCC section (which I'll likely have moved to the NDR sub-forum soon)

Wow! This is awsome!!!

Deko, im sure many people will want to race in it, i wouldn't be worried about attendance at this point. ITCC was awsome! The only reason it lost so many participants was only because of the violence in the track. Every race was "every man for himself"!! There was no respect for other drivers, it was rough and caotic. That ruined for me and many more, because we trained for hours, we did the qualifying races, and we got to the races and get wrecked by some greedy mofos.

If you guys could get ITCC running again, the only thing you would need to worrie about would be keeping the reaces clean. Aplying strict rules and standing by them. ITCC is suposed to be well battled, but within certain limits. Just make sure the races are fair, and you'll make ITCC one of the best leagues to race, again!!
#22 - CSF
We'll see how it goes during the one off race.

Anyone remembers this?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG