The online racing simulator
Life in the "fast lane" of Cruising getting you down? Try Slmbr!
Life in the "fast lane" of Cruising getting you down? Try Slmbr (read: slumber).

Too busy to read? Check out a quick short video of slmbr in action and an explaination: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHw274qA2w

Slmbr is a revolution in InSim applications; gain points by not moving at all.

Feature rich and ready to go:
  • Multi-server
  • Persistent
  • Player acheivements
  • Great getaway from hectic cruising, traffic lights, speed limits and police
  • Free and open source - modify to suit your needs
  • Runs on many operating systems (OS X, Linux, Solaris, *BSD and Windows!)
Be prepared for the big launch of 20 servers tomorrow evening!!!111oneoneone Make sure you get in there first because space is sure to be limited for days, if not months!

Warning; This post may contain traces of sarcasm and lies. If you're a die hard cruiser you may experience butt hurt.
Nice! How many points to unlock BF1??!??
Haha, As a cruiser myself, I find this rather amusing. xD no butthurt experienced.
Quote from Skagen :Nice! How many points to unlock BF1??!??

You can slmbr with any vehicle even with 0 points! Slmbr with any vehicle of your choosing!

Quote from T3charmy :Haha, As a cruiser myself, I find this rather amusing. xD no butthurt experienced.

Incase there's any confusion, the plugin does actually exist, is open source, does work and it would (in theory) work multi-server. Apparently my inebriated brain found this very funny
Quote from the_angry_angel :You can slmbr with any vehicle even with 0 points! Slmbr with any vehicle of your choosing!

Incase there's any confusion, the plugin does actually exist, is open source, does work and it would (in theory) work multi-server. Apparently my inebriated brain found this very funny

I think it is certainly a new approach to cruising. I wonder how long till more of these servers show up. Maybe this will spread like a wild fire just like cruising did.
Hahahaha, laughing my tits of here.
"You know, so much effort, got to cruise, stop at traffic lights, not get caught by cops" etc, great sence of humor and I think even the cruise community will see the fun in this

How you even wanted to use your freetime to create this I do not know, but if anything it at least made my day brighter, so it was worth someting 'aye? ;D
I quite enjoy this kind of activity, might launch a server in the future... if you add random hats drop off course.

I'd try this but not moving is too much effort.

Here's an idea, gridlock server - you all wait in line and move 20 metres an hour, but, and here's the brilliance of the idea, you must constantly sound your horn and scream abuse at the car in front.

Epic win if you work out a way to leave the car and punch out the driver ahead.
Quote from the_angry_angel :
warning; this post may contain traces of sarcasm and lies. If you're a die hard cruiser you may experience butt hurt.

l o l
Quote from Kid222 :if you add random hats drop off course.

Damnit! I knew I was missing something

Quote from Racer X NZ :Here's an idea, gridlock server - you all wait in line and move 20 metres an hour, but, and here's the brilliance of the idea, you must constantly sound your horn and scream abuse at the car in front.

If I ever get around to writing an alternative LFS dedicated server, to allow for stuff like this, you can bet your bottom dollar it's on
I don't understand this. Should there be a download link and I should put this in my LFS folder or this is some kind of server?
isn't this for same category where people makes competition about who has the clock, which can change fastest one second time in one second?

Im in!
Since installing it now I get lots of adverts for "cruising" in my internet explorer.
Quote from Sobis :I don't understand this.

It's a joke

Quote from Becky Rose :Since installing it now I get lots of adverts for "cruising" in my internet explorer.

Well you know, I needed to recoup all that lost revenue, having spent many months developing it Just following the example of other companies
I unlocked the FOX!!!! I let LFS run idle for days.
Quote from rockclan :I unlocked the FOX!!!! I let LFS run idle for days.

Does unlocking a faster car mean that you can go nowhere faster?
Quote from jmeade :Does unlocking a faster car mean that you can go nowhere faster?

Yes, that's the great thing about it!
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : double :S
"If you love driving around slow, you must really love sitting still" - delivery reminded me very much of Stewart Lee. Well done.
I'm really disappointed, I've had LFS running for 5 days now and all thats happened is my UF1 has developed flat spots on the tyres.

While this aids it not moving I really want to not move in something faster.

Is there a cheat code that will give me another car ?
Does it have hats?
edit: oh noes, question was posted already.....lol
Quote from the_angry_angel :Well you know, I needed to recoup all that lost revenue, having spent many months developing it Just following the example of other companies

Nah that's cool, I've got a date with a girl from Eastern Europe on Tuesday out of it and for an extra £30 I can marry her and get a voucher code to include a passenger in my UF1.

Rockin'.
Or, don't come knocking if that little motors rocking
Quote from Becky Rose :Nah that's cool, I've got a date with a girl from Eastern Europe on Tuesday out of it and for an extra £30 I can marry her and get a voucher code to include a passenger in my UF1.

Rockin'.

That comment made my day.
Karl - You got too much time on your hands!
The internet is made for stuff like this.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG