The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you think Sim Talent can Transfer to Real life Talent?

Yes
No
Unsure
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :More LFS guys like Thomas Arends (Dutch GT championship) and Phillip Ellis (F3 Euro)

Kenneth Keefe, Niall Murray, James Peace, [guy from SR who races GT2 in real life, forgot his name ] and not to mention 2 F1 test drivers(?)

Maybe all have karting experience, but still shows a good arsenal of drivers.
#27 - DeKo
I hope so. I still believe having the knowledge of how to catch a sliding car, just from doing it over and over again, has saved me in reality when my car has stepped out more than once. I didn't even think at the time that it was dangerous or whatever, I just automatically corrected it and carried on.

Also, I regularly pump my mates at karting, often by 2 seconds per lap (last time I went i had the 3rd fastest time of the full week), even though I'm 6 foot 4 and 14 stone, and they're mostly a lot smaller than me. None of them sim-race (unless they're trying it on my PC), so maybe the sim racing has taught me how to be quick. I would love to try it in a car though, just to see if I had any speed.

I did also race Ray (Bawbag) once at karting, unknowingly until I came home, looked at the sheet and recognised his name. I've got about a foot and probably 5 stone over him, but he was making me look like I was standing still on the track, so I'm pretty sure skill transfers from sim to RL, this is at a time when he had a ton of WRs.
Well I might not be the fastest but simracing has made me allot better at karting then I was. Im always in the weeks fastest time table when I go karting somewhere.

Eric and Kasper will stil murder my laptimes but hey it was my first time on a outdoor kart track.
I also tend to be good at tighter tracks like indoor tracks.

And I would have never being at the level I'm at now without simracing.
The way I handle the cart or buggy was learned from playing: LF, RF1/2 and Richard Burns Rally and many other games.

The main thing it has improved is my driving in wet weather.
About a month ago I had a karting race in the wet and the other carters were just annihilated by me. I finished about 1 second ahead of the 2nd placed guy.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG