The online racing simulator
LFS on a 17'' intel iMac?
(7 posts, started )
Hi, i was wondering if someone with an iMac tried LFS on it. Since apple released bootcamp. I guess it's possible.

Thanx for the feedback!
It will work for sure, seeing that there are official drivers for windows from Apple. I am buying a 17" iMac soon and will be able to see for sure but I don't see why it wouldn't work, with Apple having drivers that are "As good as OSX ones" for windows.
Nah, LFS requires a minimum spec of a 19" model in order to run effectively.
I haven't tried LFS, the boss has objection to the technical department even touching new technology because although we have to support it we "fluff it up" when he wants to flog it... Which is all preconception because we've never had the chance to prove him wrong...

However I did get to briefly try one out, with the boss lurching over my shoulder saying, "seen enough yet?" and what I found was whilst the performance was pretty good running a DirectX based game the framerate was not as good as the spec of the machine implied it would be. OpenGL was fine, very good infact.

I think it will run, but don't expect blistering performance.

I just can't say for sure though - unless I move into the sales department... :/
I got one of my friends into LFS and it works absolutely perfectly for him!
Quote from Bob Smith :Nah, LFS requires a minimum spec of a 19" model in order to run effectively.

Guess I'm gonna have to get a 20" iMac then...
I knew there were video drivers, actually i was conscious of the audio support.

Anyway, i'll be damned if it run slower than my 9800 pro/2000+ setup.

Thanx guys!

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG