The online racing simulator
Skin question/help with XRR...
(6 posts, started )
I thought I understood where all the the textures are/go on the XRR but need help pinpointing a couple. First, the rear view mirrors.. I noticed some text I thought was in an open location, partially showed up on one of them, and would like to know exactly what area affects them. I'd also like to know what portion textures the splitter under the rear of the car. As always, thanks in advance!

EDIT - Oh yeah, and I was wondering if it's just as easy to alter the color of the rollcage? Once again I was fooled at its location and am guessing it's controlled via another file altogether?
#2 - Bean0
Sounds like you have the old skin kit, the model was changed slightly.
You can no longer colour the rollcage though.

Get the updated kit from Master Skinnerz
Thanks man! That blows about roll cages.. IMO it added a touch of realism having that extra detail when one caught a glimpse through a window, (as well as being cool from the driver's seat), oh well. Now that I think about it though, I swear I noticed either a red or orange cage while driving the other night, (which is sorta what prompted me to ask), but I'm not sure which car or with what skin.
I guess it's not possible to put a texture on the rear splitter either?
Quote from Tinytacohead :Thanks man! That blows about roll cages.. IMO it added a touch of realism having that extra detail when one caught a glimpse through a window, (as well as being cool from the driver's seat), oh well. Now that I think about it though, I swear I noticed either a red or orange cage while driving the other night, (which is sorta what prompted me to ask), but I'm not sure which car or with what skin.

Its only the XRR and XFR (I think) that cannot have the roll cage painted any more, still works in the other gtr's.

As for the rear splitter, you are right you can't change it via a skin. It may be possible to change by editing the.dds it uses, but I'm not sure which file it is or if it is shared with other parts of the car/s.
Quote from GAVD999 :Its only the XRR and XFR (I think) that cannot have the roll cage painted any more...

Thanks man!

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG