The online racing simulator
LFS Workshop
(5 posts, started )
LFS Workshop
I don't know where to post this and thought this best fitted here.

I am without a team and know few people from in-game.
Since I mostly just keep to racing and being friendly I don't get to know people in-game that easily. I don't mind this, because I'm not here for friends, just fun racing with anyone.

The problem now is that I know sometimes how to improve, sometimes I don't.
I know my driving in general can be improved a lot easily. But there is no one to teach me.
Sometimes I just ask through the chat if it's something I really want to know or can't see by just spectating.
I also remember me asking in a thread, when I was a huge newb, how to improve. And you guys helped a lot just through this forum.

Might it not be a good idea to have like a "learning session" (workshop ) on track like they do with karting. ie. driving in a train at a slower pace. Spectate the person's driving to see minor flaws or something.

I know most can't be bothered for this, or maybe this is already done in teams. But what about those without a team?
Or more important, what about me?(just kidding)
Hi,
I'm in the same position as you as I am not a team member, but enjoy the freedom to 'turn up and drive' whenever I fancy.

Although workshops and tutorials may help you initially, I've found that driving in a race situation can be quite different than hotlapping. Often in a race it's best to take a few tenths off to preserve tyres, or minimize the risk of running wide and letting followers through.
For improving your outright pace I would recommend spending some time analysing WR spr's (get from lfsworld.com), perhaps learning a few setups tips etc.
However, as for online racing I don't think there's a better way to improve than just putting the laps in, with a focus on improving slowly and maturely (don't try and outdrive yoursefl). Sure, take some time to learn new tracks and setups offline, but practise is really unbeatable.

Also, in my opinion consistancy is very underrated. Don't go throwing away a good race in pursuit of pb's - it's a trap easy to fall into

good luck
lets say..if you dont fail, you dont learn.
practice- time, is most importent, but you cant bent rules of driving, you can only learn them, so if sombody show you right way, things you need to practice, you whill imrpove much faster and built yours driving stile..
and yea i soo many thimes good drivers that needed just little tip, after spending so little time with them they become lot faster.
i dident make them faster, they where fast alredy, they just did one thing way bether, and that affected overall time.

i think 1 lessen is to learn to feal the car..after that all is so much natural.

i whould be reall nice to see skilled drivers helping other.
i still remember one moment obut 130 000km ago when one driver said to me, no, you are trying to hard here,go easy brake slow, enter early..
today lets say 3-4 year ago its still rings in my ear when i see that corrner
Quote from lolzol :I don't know where to post this and thought this best fitted here.

I am without a team and know few people from in-game.
Since I mostly just keep to racing and being friendly I don't get to know people in-game that easily. I don't mind this, because I'm not here for friends, just fun racing with anyone.

The problem now is that I know sometimes how to improve, sometimes I don't.
I know my driving in general can be improved a lot easily. But there is no one to teach me.
Sometimes I just ask through the chat if it's something I really want to know or can't see by just spectating.
I also remember me asking in a thread, when I was a huge newb, how to improve. And you guys helped a lot just through this forum.

Might it not be a good idea to have like a "learning session" (workshop ) on track like they do with karting. ie. driving in a train at a slower pace. Spectate the person's driving to see minor flaws or something.

I know most can't be bothered for this, or maybe this is already done in teams. But what about those without a team?
Or more important, what about me?(just kidding)

Hi,

Im a member of the Gentlemen Drivers Club (GDC). We race every 2 weeks but believe winning isnt the most important element of racing. As part of the club we have helped a number of drivers to improve their pace and skills who continue to drive with us now and we would be very happy to help you too. We can also help you understand how to set a car up to suit your style of driving which makes a huge difference to your lap times and overall car control. Please check out our site www.gentlemen-drivers-club.net and if you like what you see register and someone will contact you to arrange a good time to meet on our server. Alternatively just send me a private message here

Cheers,

Nathan
Quote from egghed6 :Also, in my opinion consistancy is very underrated. Don't go throwing away a good race in pursuit of pb's - it's a trap easy to fall into

LFS Workshop
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG