The online racing simulator
What's your favourite car in LFS?
What's your favourite car in LFS? Mine is XFR!

And the reason why, otherwise this thread would be pointless!

Oh yeah... I like the XFR because it's so nimble and you can just throw it around... It reminds me of a slowed-down version of a Renault 5 GT Turbo
mine is the FOX
Probably FOX as well.. sharp handling and not an excessive amount of power. I'd like similar car with no downforce though.
Quote from Batterypark :Probably FOX as well.. sharp handling and not an excessive amount of power. I'd like similar car with no downforce though.

Can you not just take the downforce away or do you mean you would like the car to fly with no downforce as standard? Lol
#5 - axus
Oh noes... again?

Anyway, for the sake of spamming the forum:

It has changed so many times... it used to be the XF GTi in S1 for its close racing and relative ease of keeping control, yet difficulty in getting really really close to a world record.

The in S2 I bacame a sucker for fast, RWD tin-tops... especially light ones, meaning LX4, LX6 and Raceabout. I never liked race cars prior to the latest patch, and the fast road cars delivered the most shattering experience.

And now, you ask? Hmmm... very very tough call. The patch has made all the cars soooo good that it is unbelievable that they are all using the same physics and all work so well. XF GTi is still a great drive and makes for close racing, UF1000 also. The FXO requires smooth driving and handles beautifully. The LX4 is still nice but now the LX6 has the grip to be driven nicely and is a spectacular drive. The race cars now feel way way better than before. The XF GTR and UF GTR are both great drives and very well matched. The FXO GTR, FZ50 GTR and FXO GTR all feel amazing. The Formula XR is easy to drive and race closely. The Formula V8 feels like an early 90's GP car and is great to drive technically. The BMW Sauber has been a spectacular addition to the game. Its easy to drive... until you realise how far off the pace you are. It requires concentration, commitment and balls to drive fast and I enjoy it a lot. That about sums up how I feel about the LFS cars - I love them all (except the MRT - although I haven't driven it much in the patch) and every one of them has something about it that makes it great to drive. Keep up the great work, devs !
Quote from axus :Oh noes... again?

Anyway, for the sake of spamming the forum:

It has changed so many times... it used to be the XF GTi in S1 for its close racing and relative ease of keeping control, yet difficulty in getting really really close to a world record.

The in S2 I bacame a sucker for fast, RWD tin-tops... especially light ones, meaning LX4, LX6 and Raceabout. I never liked race cars prior to the latest patch, and the fast road cars delivered the most shattering experience.

And now, you ask? Hmmm... very very tough call. The patch has made all the cars soooo good that it is unbelievable that they are all using the same physics and all work so well. XF GTi is still a great drive and makes for close racing, UF1000 also. The FXO requires smooth driving and handles beautifully. The LX4 is still nice but now the LX6 has the grip to be driven nicely and is a spectacular drive. The race cars now feel way way better than before. The XF GTR and UF GTR are both great drives and very well matched. The FXO GTR, FZ50 GTR and FXO GTR all feel amazing. The Formula XR is easy to drive and race closely. The Formula V8 feels like an early 90's GP car and is great to drive technically. The BMW Sauber has been a spectacular addition to the game. Its easy to drive... until you realise how far off the pace you are. It requires concentration, commitment and balls to drive fast and I enjoy it a lot. That about sums up how I feel about the LFS cars - I love them all (except the MRT - although I haven't driven it much in the patch) and every one of them has something about it that makes it great to drive. Keep up the great work, devs !

Well... This didn't answer my question but it's nice to get some info. about what you think of the cars lol
FOX and RB4.
My favourite car is the three XR cars, especially the GT. We became good friends in my demo period, we left quite a few XFG drivers choking on our exhaust fumes
I think the fact that few people drive XR cars on public servers (atleast that's what I see) just adds to my love for it
Well, I love the UF1 and UFR, the FOX, and the top 3 GTR cars.

I'll have to say that my favorite car tho would be the XRR. For some reason I think it's just such a nice looking machine, despite its aged styling. With the latest patches I can even drive it (relatively) well.

MAGGOT
FXR. You can be brutal with it and it just laps it all up and keeps going. It sounds quite nice too compared to a lot of the other cars.
I'm looking at this thread to see what cars people like for my possible league. I'm surprised that there are so many FOX fans (just don't take it anywhere near south city!)

Quote from Stelios :FXR. You can be brutal with it and it just laps it all up and keeps going. It sounds quite nice too compared to a lot of the other cars.

I like that as well. It looks great with a Vauxhaull BTCC skin.

Great idea :-)

Yes, i know this is free advertising
For me its got to be No 1 the fox
I've been racing the Fox for a long time, but i'm beginning to yearn for something fresh and considering hot hatches (XF GTI) but it doesn't seem popular outside of demo.
I too seem like I am following the crowd, but I prefer the FOX and also the FZR
LX brothers
Mine are the LX brothers, the 4 is really fun to drive since patch u. The 6 is the agressive one, but has really good handling, and he always has the power you need, you dont have to wait for sloppy late '80-s turbo.
Fz5 & Bf1
XRR, XRT, FOX, XFR. The LX cars seem fun, but haven't driven them for more than 15 minutes yet.
Quote from uttoro :Mine are the LX brothers, the 4 is really fun to drive since patch u. The 6 is the agressive one, but has really good handling, and he always has the power you need, you dont have to wait for sloppy late '80-s turbo.

It's nice that you refer to them as human beings... And it's also nice for them to be "him's" not "her's" lol
FXR (due to lack of skill i might add)
XR GT for some drifting
RB4 for some offroad/stunt fun
#20 - axus
Quote from spsamsp :It's nice that you refer to them as human beings... And it's also nice for them to be "him's" not "her's" lol

What, are you into men?
#21 - Reed
I love the RaceAbout. If only it generated a little downforce at the back...
single seaters do it for me as they're racing cars with no compramise due to being developed from road cars, never tried the mrt much but the other 3 are all favourites due to following

fox for its grip and lack of power, anyone can be reasonable in it but you have to really commit yourselves to corners to get best out of it as any small loss of speed will haunt you till the next time you slow down.

(wish to point out im only reasonable but just occasionally it all comes together for a couple of bends )

bf1 for its madness, total sensory overload at times and so addictive, once again loads of grip but the power will win, totally focussed on one aim, going round a track quicker than any other form of wheeled transport. like the fox it demands commitment but in this case its the concentration to keep up with it.

fo8 like an old sports player, used to be top dog till the new upstart arrived but still capable of entertaining and takes more skill on throttle due to no tc

love the other cars but these are the ones i come back to and are usually the ones i look for online
everything else than single seaters.. I prefer cars that look like cars
#24 - mr_x
Uf1
Quote from spsamsp :Can you not just take the downforce away or do you mean you would like the car to fly with no downforce as standard? Lol

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I would want a car with similar weight, tyres and engine, but no wings.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG