The online racing simulator
Watch Dogs
(62 posts, started )
I meant the minimum requirements^^. I kind of doubt you have to upgrade your system to hit that

The minimum requirements will keep kind of constant while the recommended requirements will rise together with the new generations of (PC) hardware. Just look at the minimum requirements for modern games like Battlefield 4 if you look for example at the minimum specs for the graphics card you will notice the geforce 8800. And you see this card a LOT in "last-gen" console ports recommendations. The simple answer to that is if you look deeper the Geforce 8800 was in the first generation that was ahead of "last gen" graphics performance.
Do you need to buy a new PC every year? No! It just needs to be better than the weakest part of the link which again and again are consoles. (However if you really always want the maximum performance, you obviously have to)
nice,im still good with my 4 year old pc
I meant I had to upgrade myself, unless the DX11 part is misleading?

My cards only do DX10.1, but from what I understand is that this needs at least DX11?
Whops, just checked your specs. I assumed you had a way faster PC with all your Fanatec gear
It's an oldie but still runs everything fine, on 1440p even. (Especially driving games)

Going to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, RAM and GPU soon though.
Fanboytec
Quote from CoolColJ :WOAh - this game has beefy specs....

What we have here is a new "Can it run Crysis"

Thanks to the tax returns last year I should be able to run that at almost recommended.
Attached images
122bo0.jpg
Quote from Matrixi :Somehow, I'm not sensing the soul in this game. I get the vibes from all the footage so far, that some guy came up with a great idea for a game mechanic but the publisher just saw dollar signs.

Not saying that it doesn't seem like a cool game, because it does, but something just doesn't feel right.

As it turns out, my predictions were correct. What a boring and shallow game this turned out to be...

Good summary:
Altough I agree with most of those points, it's still an enjoyable game IMO. Been playing it this weekend and not that bad. It does not live up to the hype though, there is not nearly as much to do while roaming the game as they made us believe.
Dunno, I was bored out of my mind after just a few hours due to how repetetive the game is. Didn't help that the first hour was almost completely tutorial bullcrap that handheld you at every point and didn't even allow you to freeroam in an open world sandbox game.
Haha that's hilarious. Good old Ubisoft.
I am soooo going to buy it ^^
So let's see if they **** up "The Crew" as much as this?
Or The Division. I'm sure that tiny animation of closing the car door is still in when it launches, rather than just a scripted sequence made specifically for the hype trailer, right?

http://gfycat.com/WholeBestBlueshark#?speed=3
I thought that game was called Tom Clancy's Car Door Simulator.
#44 - JJ72
I got it and it is a blast, more interactive then GTA for sure.
Is this really as disappointing as everyone says?

It looked like quite an interesting game from the trailers, compared to most big-studio games that are just re-hashing old tropes from the last 20 years. Is the production quality so bad that it makes it a bad game?
It was overhyped to hell. As a whole it's an average game, multiplayer can be pretty cool where you are hacking someone or someone is hacking you and you need to locate them from the crowd. Specht77's video speaks for the rest.

Wait for -50% sales, it'll happen soon like it always does with Ubisoft games.
Quote from thisnameistaken :
It looked like quite an interesting game from the trailers, compared to most big-studio games that are just re-hashing old tropes from the last 20 years. Is the production quality so bad that it makes it a bad game?

The difference is, they didn't have some old tropes to start the work off, so it took them 7 years to make them and put it together. Same result. Meh.

This game could've been saved by not overhyping it to oblivion, but still then... Ubi would still call it a next-gen game, which this clearly isn't. It demands a super powered PC, but at least in return you get average graphics
#48 - DeKo
I'm not really seeing the controversy over this game, I'm playing it on PS4 and really enjoying it. Sure it's not GTA5, but it's a good game in it's own right, graphics are nice enough, gameplay & hacking is good and fun and I couldn't give a shit if a train looks stupid when it's turning a corner. It might not be the best shooter, but I'm having a ton of fun playing it like old Hitman and doing everything with stealth.
Personal opinion:

This game is utter garbage. Sometimes it looks nice, sometimes it looks bad (like an identity crisis between old tech and next gen). Gameplay feels horrible, cars drive like crap, hacking stuff feels like QTE, the whole game feels like Assassins Creed in a modern city... really quite a terrible game IMO.

Played it for about two hours, now it's for sale for half of the price on a local auction site.

Dear lord...
At least on PS4, it's fun.

It might not be GTA V, but still, i think it's mroe enjoyable than the whole of the Assassins Creed games, while not reaching Far Cry 3's excellency.

Speaking of other UBI titles, it does kind of feel like a bastard child between AC, Splinter Cell and Far Cry 3, with a dash of Ghost Recon sprinkled on top.

So conclusively, while it has issues like wonky physics, some stupid control decisions (no jumping, no blind firing), it's still the best game to play on PS4 right now.

Watch Dogs
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG