The online racing simulator
Watches...
(38 posts, started )
Watches...
To start off with a random thread I'm looking for a new watch and I don't know why (guy thing??)....I have a Citizen Eco-drive that cost me £60 or so around 5 years ago, it has a nice simple design, comfy and doesn't need a battery, I have practically worn it everyday since I got it and there isn't a scratch in sight on the face and I can't tell if it loses time over the months since it gets altered every 6 months anyway for GMT and GMT+1.

I'm by no means a watch enthusiast but I'm wondering what watches you're all into? Since I'm in the mood to spend money on something I don't need for the sake of spending money I should be saving for something with higher priority.

/end of random OP.
Have my Tissot PRC 200 for two years now, love it.. It's not too expensive, around 250 euros.

Quote from CheerioDM :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio- ... s&hash=item43aa998b8f
Affordable.
Get comments on it all the time.
Used to buy expensive digital watches.
$100 to $150.
I may buy another.
No longer make it but there is a large supply from other sellers.
http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/Classic/
You can also get real vintage ones. Most look heavily used.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAG ... s&hash=item416617f106

I'm glad you posted one like this, I used to have one for years like the gold one, but it was in stainless steel silver, when I was a wee nipper anyway. It was too big for my wrist! It worked though no matter how much I sporting abuse it took so shame I lost it

I might go back to old school ways and back to Casio.

Have to admit though I really like the look of the Tissot range from looking at it.

So much choice!
I have a rather nice Longines that I reserve for special occasions - it's worth too much to stick in an engine bay!!

Would like one with titanium and carbon fibre, but alas they are way too much money.

Never liked 'blingy' watches, fashion watches (e.g. a D&G, Boss, Ted Bakes), or gold watches, but it's just personal preference. As long as it has two hands (or three) and the date then I'm happy. If it has a rotating bezel then it must be in line with 12 o'clock at all times!
#7 - Bean0
My watch is pretty amazing, can even call text and use the internet on it!

#9 - Bean0
Quote from Klutch :My watch is pretty amazing, can even call text and use the internet on it!

Do you wear it on a chain like the guy from Run DMC, or do you just have massive fat wrists ?
I put it in my pocket.

its a pocket watch. I'm all class baby.
had this for few years

gave them to my gf who really likes it (its just 38mm)

few months ago got these

w 42mm diamater it looked really massive compared to former watch
Rockin' it oldschool like a boss

Dafuq is that
Quote from Klutch :My watch is pretty amazing, can even call text and use the internet on it!

Nobody likes Google.
Seiko SNZH60J1 + sailcloth strap

Putting aside some money each month, to get a used TAG Monaco, I hope next year I will have it

BTW, anyone who wants to buy a good watch and dont want to spend thousands, I suggest to check out ''Kemmner''. It's a independent german watchmaker who sells his production on ebay only (AFAIK), and uses ETA/Unitas movements. Link to his ebay store http://www.ebay.com/sch/erkahu ... p;_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't need to wear watches.
After 10 years on my arm I lost my Tintin watch :-(

Can't find any quality looking similar watch online. :-(
I have two Fossils:

And I was trying to find a picture of the other one I have but I found nothing... They're good and cheap!
Quote from Blas89 :I have two Fossils:

And I was trying to find a picture of the other one I have but I found nothing... They're good and cheap!

Thanks for that. I am looking for a new watch myself. My old Pulsar is just about to die, keeps running behind time and I can't change the date/days anymore.

I kinda liked the look of it, nothing special but not boring IMO.

Quote from tristancliffe :I have a rather nice Longines that I reserve for special occasions - it's worth too much to stick in an engine bay!!

Would like one with titanium and carbon fibre, but alas they are way too much money.

Never liked 'blingy' watches, fashion watches (e.g. a D&G, Boss, Ted Bakes), or gold watches, but it's just personal preference. As long as it has two hands (or three) and the date then I'm happy. If it has a rotating bezel then it must be in line with 12 o'clock at all times!

One like this seems right up your street, simplistic, titanium and carbon fibre. Not too expensive to be honest either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skagen ... qid=1337983499&sr=8-1

Anyone have any experience with Skagen watches?
#21 - Jakg
You want a watch like mine...

Swatch Mr. Chrono is my watch, had it for 2-3 years now.

Plastic watch, and a rubber band, simple, despite it being bought for 80 EUR in Munich.

The bezel on mine broke off, but I glued it back on with Krazy Glue, good as new.
Quote from Bose321 :Thanks for that. I am looking for a new watch myself. My old Pulsar is just about to die, keeps running behind time and I can't change the date/days anymore.

I kinda liked the look of it, nothing special but not boring IMO.

Looks nice and clean. So yeah, if you want to try Fossil out you have my recommendation. One my watches is around 3 years old, maybe more, I can't remember, and It still functions as if It was new. The materials are really good too, It has some scratches but you really need to hit it hard to make some damages.

I went out looking for a Viceroy Alonso's Watch the other day... Hell, it is like 500USD, darn expensive, to me at least!
This is my watch.

Watches...
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG