The online racing simulator
Roof Bug [not a bug]
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Fox 2
Roof Bug [not a bug]
I notice that UF with roof has exactly same weight like UF without roof do. When u adding or disabling the roof for a moment weight changes and then comes back to previous value. Is that just my LFS bug? Or is that ok?
#2 - Vain
That was made so neither roof nor no-roof-configs are superior and the player can choose what he likes. You can argue to say that it's realistic, but well, that just sounds like fanboy-babbling.

Vain
This has already been discussed!!
#4 - Vain
Quote from spsamsp :This has already been discussed!!

Like everything on this forum!

Vain
#5 - ajp71
Cutting the fanboy bullshit aside: LFS does not simulate chassis flex, IRL an open top Mini would fold in due to the body flexing under the G-forces of racing.

Because of this it looked stupid to have open top Minis fastest (even though they aren't raced IRL)
but when they are open they are the fastest , they are only lightest, with the tops on they create more momentum and are just.. faster .uh.. slightly

im still debating with myself if that was a good idea or not on the dev's side
The smooth roof would seem to allow smoother airflow. Wouldnt an open roof cause more drag and therefore make the car slower?
#8 - Jakg
Quote from nath2004uk :What its crap anyway

yet another old thread youve bumped with midless drivel
WHat you're all forgetting is that if the mini was roofless then there would have to be more support for the lost rigidity of the roof, like stronger panels, more support... It adds up as nearly the same weight.

T0ld
I notice a significant loss of top speed and high speed acceleration in my Miata with the roof down. But then you are spoiling a pretty aerodynamic shape by putting the roof down. With the UF you are spoiling an already fairly bad shape, so I guess it wouldn't make such a difference!
what a wierd thread title

roof bug [not a bug] ?

The mods or Scawen mark threads that turn out to not be a bug at all with "[not a bug]" to make tracking the real bugs easier.

Another one is "[solved]" or "[fixed]", if I remember correctly.
well, i find it wierd too, cuz when u take the roof off from the LX's u actually lose weight.
why its different for the UF1? magical "no-weight" roof?
It needs heavy chassis-enforcements (is that English?) to compensate the lack of stiffness.
Maybe because the roof is taken off the LX's (i.e. you detach it and leave it in the paddock), whilst the roof on the UF1 maybe lives behind the seat (maybe the ECU has a 'roof stowed' sensor, and won't let you drive off without it stowed.

Thus the LX's get lighter and the UF stays the same

I may be talking out of my BOV
Quote from hrtburnout :It needs heavy chassis-enforcements (is that English?) to compensate the lack of stiffness.

think it is lol
What you lose in weight from losing the roof, you will almost get that weight back again because of the extra chassis reenforcement needed.
Then on top of that, you will have more drag due to losing the smooth roof of the vehicle, so in the end as others have said. the open top will be slower. like IRL that the case (unless the open top has more power etc)
Yes but the cars have been tweaked, so that there is little or no advantage in using the closed/open versions. This is especially true with the LX's where the open version is far nicer to look at.

Scawen has admitted it's not realistic and is that way for playability more than anything.

Roof Bug [not a bug]
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG