The online racing simulator
Datalogging software
(9 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Datalogging software
I'm looking for an alternative software package that can read the data from an Astratec data logger (fairly ancient) and would rather not continue to battle with the official Astratec DOS based program from the official site (currently seems offline) are there any alternative programs that can do this job?
i wouldn't think so, i's say Astratec made their logger so that ONLY their software will work with it. it is within their best interests to do so. but i'm sure it could be hacked....
maybe someone here could help ya out
What is an Astratec data logger and how is the data logged?
#4 - ajp71
Quote from Bob Smith :What is an Astratec data logger and how is the data logged?

A system of data logging for racing cars, with various sensors around the car connected to the dash and downloaded via a serial cable. Similar to Motec/AIM systems.

I can no longer find their website anymore so I guess they're no longer made.
Astratec.co.uk looks similar, but unless I'm being a dunce, I cant see any data logging stuff there specifically for vehicles.

You might want to give them a quick email / ring?
#6 - ajp71
^^ Doubt it they used to have a small site and only seemed to sell racing data logging systems.
Ah, easy peasy then, if you have the time. It's easy enough to read data from the serial port, just a case of working out the format and splitting the fields up.
astratec, wow thats a blast from the past!

Might be worth trying to hack, even if you can get it to output CSV's
Treat yourself to one of the Race Technology loggers m8. I got a DL90 (the older one) pretty cheap off ebay. Brand new - sold by a bloke at Race Technology.

Datalogging software
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG