The online racing simulator
So today i have a clear head, decided to make a little summary of my race yesterday without post-race emotions boiling over:

My qualification twin race went well, managed to avoid some bad incidents. Had a high hopes on the main event, started from the middle (16th out of 30).
Things started to look like a nightmare from the lap 4 after i got a laghit from Pietter who seemed to lost control of his car when tyrewarming, so i spun
and had to start the race from the last place.
After that I misheard dekos instructoins where i thought i heard him to say to take back my position, i was unsure of that but carefully started gaining positions.
Then he made very clear statement not to take position back no matter what's the case, so i fell back again. Sorry for that.

Anyway i was fustrated and disappointed, but got a grip of myself really fast since it was a long race ahead. Decided to lay back on the green flag to make sure
i have some time to avoid incidents that could probably happen on first few turns, but i was helpless against flying Steve Martin, nothing i could do, so i was out once again...
So i had to pit (lap 7 under the yellow flag) to repair my damages and also filled my tank to 100% in hope I manage to finish the race with this full tank without
making another stop (I was soo wrong).

27th position it was for me this time. As the green was launched i managed to avoid a flying car this time . And after another yellow flag i was dropped
back to 28th again due to five cars overtaking me before the s/f line.

On lap 16 i had to lose again some placed due car 121 being able to control his car on T3 and there i was again on place 28 and a decent cap from the rest of the field.
I managed eventually close the cap and climb up to 14th by using other cars draft and bumpers. Then a yellow was thrown once again. I instantly knew
that tis is not promising anything good this time also, but half of the field pitted in after the pits were opened and i found myself on the position 4.

On the lap 91 i was on the wall again due to sideimpact with 58 and therefor fell to 11th position. Ended up on batteling with two debuteers (52 &97) wich ended by me being
sandwiched between them on turn 2 and from there all 3 of us into the wall ...
Within next few laps i realised that driving with that damaged car was impossible and i have to take another pitstop. Due being frustrated and therefor losing
concentration i missed my first pitbox and lost few seconds thanks to that. It didn't really matter actually as repairing my car took enough time for me to enter the track
on 2 laps down. From there nothing significant happened and i rolled over the finishline on position 21 being 2 laps down.

Thanks for the event organizers and keep up the good work. Hope i have more luck on next year.
All I can say is one big MEH and FU for Niko for being a bad ponnie and not winning this.
Not really much I can say about my race to be honest Got a nice start around the outside, gained four or five positions, and I was in the middle of the road with cars either side through turn one, when Mr Matonis on the inside drifted up slightly (he messaged me after to apologise, which I respect), there was contact which spun me and the oncoming traffic flipped me and my day was done. Was hoping to do slightly better than that, but this stuff happens.

After this, seeing as I was still in the server, I helped out my teammate Eoin, who did a decent job and kept himself on the lead lap, and got himself a top ten finish in the last lap chaos

Overall though a good race, best 250 I've witnessed, pity it ended with a pileup at the line again but in a one-lap sprint push comes to shove and everyone's looking to maximise their result, that's just what happens. Congrats to Robin on getting a well-deserved win and ending Phil's epic run. Bring on the 500
@speed senna
Only 78 degrees? Mine were holding a nice cumfy 85 degrees pushing nathan along
i meant all the time over 78 degrees, sometimes alone driving it sometimes was even 83-85 degrees and i bumped so rarely
You were doing it wrong or I sent you the wrong one :s
My race went bad in the end.

It was a good race though, first half of the race was mostly trying to catch Friskopps up and see if Diaz has catched me up at all. Knowing they were going to have some tactic I decided to mostly keep it safe, not trying to push or get them to lose their cool. Altough I lost their draft in the end.

When the yellow flags came out I was both frustrated and happy, because my tires weren't in the perfect possible condition, I could catch up with WW and I was losing a lot of time because of the damages. Before pits I saw the WW team going there, that's where I changed the pit strategy a little, by changing only 3 tires and adding 15 percent fuel, and got ahead of them. Not for a long while though, as 2 people drafting is better than 1 alone. But then accidents and mistakes occured and I knew my race was done for in that moment when my front right tire heats up too much, because of the understeer caused by the camber change on the front right due to hitting the wall.

I tried to keep up with people who were eventually just passing me because I couldn't keep up at all on T3, but I had some nice moments on the last 50 laps with Kapal. Eventually I saw LLM people in my mirror, then I knew I needed to make a run for it. They did pass me, but I wasn't going to leave that without a proper fight for it.

I lost all my hope when I lost most of the people I was drafting with for a few laps, until the caution in the end that changed hope for me. I was just trying to do something else when I realise there was a car in front of me that was spun. After that I did rage, but then I actually realised to my self: "What the hell, that actually fixed my car!"(respect for the commentators saying I have no chance anymore )

The last lap sprint was totally horrid. When the start happened, I got possibly the best start I've had on the race so far. But things didn't really go well on T1 because I had a calculation error and I kind of slapped Kapal's car in the front right fender. I was thinking he had room there but I was unable to see Lamothe's car behind Kapal. After T1 I decided to take a tight line on the inside, but LLM 2-man group was going at the lowest line. But I don't understand why one of them was passing the other on the apron, that got me puzzled worrying about T2, what was where all hell broke loose as I expected. Looking at the replays I kept my line, but Kings tapped my car causing me to lose speed and grip for a brief moment, and hitting the car that was outside of me. I wasn't happy with that but I kept on pushing to the end, seeing my teammate Jundt in front of me, getting the slipstream and a lucky 7th place.

It's fine for me. I was hoping for a podium spot, but meh, you don't always get what you want. Until next year.

/Niko out
I was down on the apron because I got forced there, ray was moving sideways and I moved with him... i had my line but got forced over
Oh, forgot to congratz the winners, Phil and Robin were class of their own, nice work lads
Quote from Speed Senna :i meant all the time over 78 degrees, sometimes alone driving it sometimes was even 83-85 degrees and i bumped so rarely

We completely seperated ourselves sometimes, when together the tires can over heat quite a bit. We decided to split a little and we ran tires about 71-73 degrees all race long.

All a big chess game really, the long green runs played a big role in that. The end wouldn't have been so crazy if it was say a 10 lap shootout, just when it is 1 lap people want all they can get. Some people won't think to lift when it all honesty they should. I watched the replay and saw why some were bummed about what happened. I'd be pissed personally . Just how it works sometimes, a couple people don't give sufficient room and there are always some that are going to lose out.
T'was a very entertaining race to watch and talk about...Goodness knows what the **** happened in the end, but ultimately, LLM managed to stand out a bit more than last year, and I'm not saying this because of the massive stream time we got, but because 3 out of 4 cars managed to spend a lot of the race in the top 10.
I didn't like what happened at the end because it ruined those 3 guys' chances of finishing higher than they did. Matt could've finished higher than 6th, and Ray and Nate could've been better than 11th and 12th. Hell, they could've even finished on formation and ended it in style and in a good position. But what happened happened, and looking at last year it still ended up being an improvement. Although it could've been so. much. better.
if there was no yellow flag with 5 to go the worst nathan and i wouldve pulled was 4th and 5th..
Quote from nikopdr :I kept my line, you both had room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFEtD90ISiA

If I may continue with this too

Session of incident: Race
mpr time or time of day (UTC please) of incident: ^ check video posted above
Lap of incident: 140
Car(s) involved: 21
Brief description of incident: Passing on apron, which I think is an illegal move.

I was forced down onto the apron, not illegal (and 2 tires were still on) and adequate room was given before the turn. Please go learn how to protest correctly and learn how to give room and not block on other laps
Quote from Mustangman759 :I was forced down onto the apron, not illegal (and 2 tires were still on) and adequate room was given before the turn. Please go learn how to protest correctly and learn how to give room and not block on other laps

Your fault for not lifting. Just because there might be a gap prior to the move, doesn't mean there will be once you get there. You ruined the finish to a good race for many, disgraced your team, and then had the stupidity to start insulting others.
Quote from PMD9409 :Your fault for not lifting. Just because there might be a gap prior to the move, doesn't mean there will be once you get there. You ruined the finish to a good race for many, disgraced your team, and then had the stupidity to start insulting others.

And gave me the chance to finish 5th, which I agressivly took

I had a very consistant car which would have ran the entire race without stoping for tires (tyres) if I had so desired, but I was involved in a few minor incidents (including a nice slide through the turn 2 grass which I mananged to keep going straight after a lag bump), and I decided to fill up the tank for saftey on the first two cautions due to starting 29th on provisional.

I quickly learned that I couldn't push as I would get lag bumped and decided to not do it after the 4th incident which sent me back (and still managed to have another one happen on accident after that).

When the last yellow came out I was in 12th and there were only 14 on the lead lap. I quickly realized that the worst I could do was 14th after taking the white flag, so I gave the race everything that I had in the final lap, because I had very little to lose. I was there bouncing off of other cars on the short straight following turn 2, and I wound up coming out of turn number 3 on the last lap in 5th with 3rd in near sight. It wasn't to be as the 83 and 33 were attempting to shake draft, and by the tri-oval I realized I was too low to make a good tri-oval exit in the downforce lacking XRT which I'd never really had a chace to fight to the finish line in before. I spun to assure that the TEM #33 would have a fair chance to nip out the 83 (which he didn't), and I kept it off of the wall after passing the line in a 10 degree slide. (then I got nailed by the pile up which occured behind me around the exit of pit road, but that's another story )

I got the lucky dog, after the long green flag run after spinning and all thanks to lag bump and then being collected in the LLM crash that ended the long green flag run.

Thanks for the help there in the middle of the race by the way Rony . I had to leave you though when 4th place came up because I wanted to make sure I remained the first car 1 lap down, but I would have loved to stick with you.. as you noticed I couldn't push

Thanks admins, and I'll likely be out again for the 500 if not for the full season of LFSCART (depending on the leavel of practice time I'm able to obtain and skills I'm able to aquire on road courses prior to the start of that season :shy
...and the FL goes to... DAVID JUNDT!

WAT

Seriously guys: I shouldn't be able to do that, you know me. But the nice "IneWaffles" team of Phil and Robin gave me such a nice tow around the track I couldn't refuse but take it

Should have heard me on TS. I was like "WTF LOL" I nearly lost it behind Niko. It was even my fastest lap ever around Kyoto. Thanks for letting me write history

...on the other side, I'll never be big friends with other guys

Yann warned me about them LLM train coming and I decided to keep out of it as it was too dangerous with them.

Nawrocki just confirmed by opinion I had, blocking me after he had helped his Polish colleague passing me. Guess I'd help another Swiss too(Leu, where are you??), but if you're a lap down, you shouldn't try to hold up someone. I don't like going side-by-side into T3... Same goes for Mr Brakksator... Don't re-pass me when you're alone, bumpdrafting might be better if both want to try that.

As for the race, I raced on the same set all race long. I had to pit for fuel though, some 7 laps from the end

But I got lucky with the free pass of the highest lapped car and was able to improve from outside the Top 10.

I used the final lap chaos to sneak into the Top 10, 9th would be my best result so far(10th last year as rookie). Dunno if I crossed the line infront of behind Garbolewski. I could even help Niko to finish higher by towing him

TEM&Friends got a good result, all of those that finished were in the Top 10, grats to Yann for his best ever result too

I may be only 9th, but I got so lucky with SC and the FL that I couldn't be happier with the outcome(Not forgetting I had to use my laptop again for the race ARGH!).

...thanks to Thilo for mentioning that I was running two races that day, although my rF day had finished already and our GPVWC team had retired just after the Kyoto 250 had started.

Thanks to everyone else for another year running the 250, I'll be back for the 500(Pretty much the only races where I'll take part in LFS this year).
#45 - CSF
Eoin finished 10th.

After my disastrous Twin 115 showing, I could hardly have predicted to have done as well as I did on the main stage. I know that if it wasn't for the last lap chaos, I would have finished 14th. Simply going the entire race without getting lapped was a miracle.

Steve gave me some tough love the night before, and in just one turn, I had to keep it calm after a serious disappointment. He was gracious enough to accept his DNF even though it wasn't his fault, so he stuck around to watch my progress.

My FL was extremely slow compared to the rest since I continue to struggle with bumpdrafting, but until I damaged my camber (at least three times), I was easily quicker than the people near me and managed to pull off some wicked dodges.

I'll certainly admit to brain fade during the SC periods, but I didn't ruin it for anyone else, most of all. I definitely didn't use 4th gear during my fuel saving/damage limitation phases, though!

By getting the good fortune at the end and gaining a Top 10, I can start to work on other parts of my game, like qualy pace and green flag restarts, knowing I entered and finished the race once before. Maybe in a few years, it'll be Team Laptop Shop completing a 1-2 finish (with Steve winning, of course!)
God i felt lonely through the race, noticed most of the people on teamspeak working together...and there was I all alone, tried to talk with myself few times with no luck (i'm pretty quiet person on ts).

None of my teammates were interested of this, they bastards are all busy with iRacing...showoffs . Hope that someone feels pity for me next year and let me in their ts group for a race.
Quote from -NightFly- :God i felt lonely through the race, noticed most of the people on teamspeak working together...and there was I all alone, tried to talk with myself few times with no luck (i'm pretty quiet person on ts).

None of my teammates were interested of this, they bastards are all busy with iRacing...showoffs . Hope that someone feels pity for me next year and let me in their ts group for a race.

Dude we are practically bf teammates you could asked.
Quote from -NightFly- :God i felt lonely through the race, noticed most of the people on teamspeak working together...and there was I all alone, tried to talk with myself few times with no luck (i'm pretty quiet person on ts).

Me and Rony were on the same channel... the silence required channel

I finished 5th freelancing (with alot of luck! )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG