The online racing simulator
kingcars' Homemade cockpit thread
(4 posts, started )
So I've been looking to update my sim racing setup for a while now. I'm currently running a stock G25 with a bowl seat and a snack tray...not exactly an ideal setup. I also don't feel like spending $500 on ordering a good cockpit, so I've decided to set aside about $150 and build my own. Here's what I have so far:

The seat out of my dad's old race car - free

30 feet of steel - $80 (probably going to need a little more, as you'll see in the diagram)

Adjustable seat tracks out of an old van - $16 from a junkyard

And here is an unfinished general design layout that I have planned (the seat will be closer than 12 inches)

My goal is for the rig to be sturdy, simplistic, and capable of housing any wheel setup I may get in the future.

I also just ordered a Fanatec GT3RSV2 wheel with CSR Elite pedals to go along with this build (with the money I saved by building the rig myself), as I have a friend of mine lookin to buy my G25 and get a bit more serious into sim racing. I'll keep this thread updated with pictures and progress as it happens. Thanks for reading!
Made my first cuts today for the seat stands.

I hadn't used an electric saw in quite a while so I was glad to not lose any limbs in the process

The next step is going to be getting the seat setup welded in (which will likely happen later this week or this weekend) so we can trial fit everything else before making the final cuts and welds.

Also, it appears that my GT3RS will be shipping out this week. I also got the CSR shifter and pedal inversion kit to go with it .
Looking good! Keep posting updates
Better than ray's toybox

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG