The online racing simulator
#1 - jnr89
why this turns itself off, and on lol?
hey look at this...

my rig was working fine but from couple of days it shows some ramdom behavior while starting up.

let me explain, for example somedays I turn it on, and the windows restart itself, with the black screen asking me to choose windows safe mode or start windows normally. I always choose to start windows normally and when windows 7 is up, it said something about the error, a bluescreen or something with the minidump stuff or whatever.

but today was the weirdest behavior, I just turn it on, and it just turned off itself, I didnt touch anything and it turned on by itself and later turned off all by itself again, i was like..what the **** now?

later the windows 7 just show me the options to start windows in safe mode or normally and i choose normally so no error windows was displayed.

is this a software issue, im affraid about hardware failure.

my psu is a thermaltake toughpower 850w gold. I already know in my house the electric power is not very good but i trust in the power supply to resist all the high, low voltages.

what do you say?

sorry for my bad english
Check your RAM, make sure it's seated properly in the slots, and run memtest86+.
If your computer is getting blue screens it normally means some kind of hardware or driver issue. It sounds like your computer is creating kernel dump files when it crashes, it's possible to analyse these files to find out what the issue is. Check out this blog for information on how to analyse dump files and figure out what the true problem is.

http://mikemstech.blogspot.co. ... -crash-dump-analysis.html

The issue could also be caused by a virus or spyware, so make sure you run full virus and spyware scans, which you can do using free programs like AVG Virus Scan and Malware Bytes. Recently I was getting random blue screens and other issues, and eventually I tracked the problem to a virus that had infected my computer (the first virus I've had in about seven years).

By analysing dump files and using virus/spyware scanners it's almost always possible to figure out exactly what's going wrong.
Quote from jnr89 :
but today was the weirdest behavior, I just turn it on, and it just turned off itself, I didnt touch anything and it turned on by itself and later turned off all by itself again, i was like..what the **** now?

Did this happen when Windows was running or did it reboot itself during POST? Windows crashes or random reboots are very likely to be a driver or virus problem, read the kernel dump to learn more. Reboots during POST or boot usually indicate a hardware problem or too aggressive overclocking.
#5 - jnr89
I want to give a try on the debugging tools!! thanks for this feedback guys, and about the reboot, it happens before the motherboard screens shows itself, so...it was very wtf?
#6 - jnr89
#7 - jnr89
oh god I got it...the mobo is not reading one ram stick...is pretty weird, sometimes it can able it, sometimes just dont...

I have no problem with this,but I dont know if this could bring me a bigger problem in the future (messing up the mobo or something)
Did you run memtest? Most likely its just that 1 stick of RAM faulty, would suggest changing both if they are the same.

why this turns itself off, and on lol?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG