The online racing simulator
Server TimeOut
(3 posts, started )
#1 - Slopi
Server TimeOut
I'm trying to race with a friend who is on a less than perfect connection right now. We can tolerate the lag, but we cannot tolerate the constant dissconnects he's getting.

Is there any way to change the default timeout when running a server to avoid this? Thanks in advance.
Try to turn down the smoothness (Assuming you're hosting)
And your friend should fiddle around with the options in the misc menu..
But I'm tired and about to go take a nap, so I don't nkow what I'm talking about, I'll let someone else explain better.
#3 - Slopi
Yeah, I've tweaked with everything that would affect his connection in the host settings, but it doesn't seem to help much. He's getting his net fixed this Tues, but that basically means I wont be racing until then, because most of the public servers are all BF1 now... and it's gotten old

I know in a couple games, you can sometimes tweak something in a .cfg file, but I was unable to find anything in LFS's that might tweak the default timeout setting for connected clients. I'm starting to think you can't edit it, do to the possibility of 'induced lag' from clients, much like you sometimes see in FPS games. I dunno.

Either way, any input is appreciated

(Side note, if any of you know of some good casual race servers where people aren't whoring the hell out of the BF1, feel free to let me know... thanks)

Server TimeOut
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG