The online racing simulator
has anyone done Formula SAE before?
(6 posts, started )
i was interested in doing it a while ago but for me its not the work that goes in or racing it... its sourcing lads to do it with me. i know alot of car folks in all aspects of the jobs but due to the way the econemy was going around 08/09 i thought it be best to stick with cheaper fun and not to build my/the lads hopes up.

Looks like fun if you can commit to it ( or use it as a scapegoat to escape the wife & kids )
#2 - troy
I can remember some discussion about this, must be at least 3 years ago but I'm sure we got some lfsforum members in fsae teams.

Google ftw, that was the thread I was referring to: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45579 Maybe you're lucky and some of them still lurk around the forum, I would just try and write a PM.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :thing is, the University I'm going to does it every year, most of the team is 3rd of 4th year students who have been doing it for a few years, so the team is already set up, I just have to "get in"

those long running teams are hard to get into, and can be pretty disappointing. A friend of mine (then a 3rd year) got in one that was competing for like a decade, and there wasn't much to do for him. All they did was highest level optimising, a bit like F1, hollowed out titanium bolds come to my mind. He quit that team after half a year (works for Veritas now)

If the team is new and starts from zero its a whole different story I suppose

my Uni has a solar boat team
Yeah my Uni is years into it as well and it makes it hard to just "hop in". That's probably why they are telling you its a big learning curve, because things are more advanced than when first starting out.

I'd try to get in, never hurts.

@ACCAkut: That's cool (solar boat).
You should also look to see if they have any other similar teams. I know Georgia Tech had an offroad team also, and a team that competed in Grassroots Motorsports $200x challenges... they had a Miata with a Lexus v8 shoehorned into it, which was pretty awesome.

has anyone done Formula SAE before?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG