BF1 not exclusive to LFS
(22 posts, started )
BF1 not exclusive to LFS
There's already a thread or two on this. My personal opinion is that it's a nice 3D model, but will be ruined by rFactors physics and graphics. I wonder what the sounds will be like.
ooooooo, look at it, its all shiny

Bah, LFS>Rfactor in my opinion, although it will provide a good comparison.
The wording of that interview is either very bad or if I was someone who had looked that up without knowing what rF was I'd have thought it was a new game ... constantly saying game through it rather than rF

Keiran
Yes LFS graphics better, rFactor model and (probably) sounds better.

Physics, I suspect LFS better, but at least with identical cars in LFS and rFactor it will make for an interesting comparison
#6 - Knarf
Quote from MatthewStyles :Yes LFS graphics better

illepall

Maybe you should test rFactor on some decent hardware. rFactor graphics are a LOT better then LFS when crancked up to ultra or high detail (on lower detail rFactor graphics go down very fast and will idd look horrible, but on good hardware it is amazing).

But this doesn't stop me from favoring LFS for racing. Although I also think rFactor is pretty good.
#7 - JJ72
looks very cartoonish @@
#8 - axus
Quote from Knarf :illepall

Maybe you should test rFactor on some decent hardware. rFactor graphics are a LOT better then LFS when crancked up to ultra or high detail (on lower detail rFactor graphics go down very fast and will idd look horrible, but on good hardware it is amazing).

But this doesn't stop me from favoring LFS for racing. Although I also think rFactor is pretty good.

But they still look unnatural. They look OK for a snapshot but once everything is moving around, it looks cartoonish.
nah, I've seen some screenshots taken at maximum everything (my PC isn't good enough to max stuff out), and it look comical. The cars ALWAYS look photoshopped onto the track. It's just poorly implemented eye-candy for the sake of it.
Quote from tristancliffe :nah, I've seen some screenshots taken at maximum everything (my PC isn't good enough to max stuff out), and it look comical. The cars ALWAYS look photoshopped onto the track. It's just poorly implemented eye-candy for the sake of it.

Agreed. As for the sounds, sampling, its been proven with rfactor/nkpro, can be horrible, and in fact worse sounding than LFS.
#11 - Jakg
it looks nice, but to shiny. Damn, i admit im a bit of an LFS Fanboy, but ISI physics but me off (GTR, shake the wheel by a few degrees and your in an uncontrolable slide!)
“rFactor is a great example of our shared vision with the BMW Sauber F1 Team to bring F1 fans even closer to the sport and the team.”
Ann Lewnes

How can anyone said such a bulls**t like that? Yes, rF looks nice, rF sounds nice, rF is a great game..... but whoops, are they trying to get the game or a proper simulation of BF1? Stupid Intel...... since now I dont like their coming Conroe CPUs..... BURN IN A SILICONE HELL!!!!!
Quote from Knarf :illepall

I also like the LFS GFX more - the silly overbrightened DX9 crap stuff really sucks if you ask me. It has so incredibly much potential, its really a shame what crap some game developers make out of it
#14 - Jakg
i just cant wait for the texture pack to change the Intel adds to AMD!
I definately like LFS alot more. I played rF at a friends house,and we have tried for 4 hours to set his wheel up properly,but it still didn't drove like in LFS.

In LFS it is connect,select the wheel and drive.

But maybe I am just a LFS fanboy
Here’s a quote from the rF site…

LOS ANGELES, Calif., May 10, 2006 – Image Space Incorporated (ISI), a well-known name in racing simulation, announced today it has designed a game that will bring the ultimate Formula One racing experience to PC gamers. The customized racing simulation premiered at the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park event at the European Grand Prix in Nürburgring, Germany on May 7th, and will also be showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 10th.

Am I reading this right rF is saying they are being used throughout?

Seems I recall Scawen saying LFS was being used for the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park in Germany. While rF was being used for the Intel US tour????

confused
OMFG... I literally fell off my chair laughing when I read this quote:

Quote :
Intel, the Official Corporate Partner of BMW Sauber F1 Team, worked with ISI to turn its stunningly realistic rFactor racing simulation into a game, and will demonstrate the game on systems sporting the recently announced Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor at BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park events throughout the F1 racing season.

It's official now! rFactor is no longer a simulation... It's a GAME... It says so on their own website!
Is it just me or is there no demo that shows the current ability of rfactor? The only one I could find on their site is over a year old. I have heard of it but never tried it, and I definetly would want to test it before dropping $40 on it.
Quote from cwmax :Here’s a quote from the rF site…

LOS ANGELES, Calif., May 10, 2006 – Image Space Incorporated (ISI), a well-known name in racing simulation, announced today it has designed a game that will bring the ultimate Formula One racing experience to PC gamers. The customized racing simulation premiered at the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park event at the European Grand Prix in Nürburgring, Germany on May 7th, and will also be showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 10th.

Am I reading this right rF is saying they are being used throughout?

Seems I recall Scawen saying LFS was being used for the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park in Germany. While rF was being used for the Intel US tour????

confused

No, LFS was being used for the german intel racing tour... or something like that... They just use rF to let people have some fun driving a F1 car a bit... LFS is used for a serious competition (with a BMW as a grand prize)... I'd say they think LFS is still a bit more suited for actual racing.
Quote :Am I reading this right rF is saying they are being used throughout?

I cought a 0m00s525 glimpse of the screen during the coverage of the last Grand Prix and I did not recognise the game, it definately wasn't LFS. I havn't played rFactor.

It had shiney tyres and seemed quite bright overall.
the lfs model looks alot better, but y does Rfactor get the new model?
Quote from cwmax :Seems I recall Scawen saying LFS was being used for the BMW Sauber F1 Team Pit Lane Park in Germany. While rF was being used for the Intel US tour????

rf is used for the pitlane park, lfs for the intel racing tour germany

BF1 not exclusive to LFS
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG