DFP question
(13 posts, started )
DFP question
i'm teetering on the edge of buying a dfp but was wondering what the thickest table i can clamp a dfp to?

(my existing wheel, saitek r440, is stretched to max!!)
thanks
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Measuring with super-accurate "finger size", I'd say just a bit under three inches.

looks like a possible purchase coming up then!!
-

mumble grumble. I have no come back for that.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't apparently know what an inch looks like. Just measured it and it's almost exactly two inches (a bit over 5cm). Note that there are removable plastic "feet" on the brackets which have to be taken off to give you that much range.

If it still doesn't fit, maybe give Tristan a call and he can come 'round with his hacksaw.

I know he's a bit handy with a hacksaw, but can he Make Do what he's chopped off?
Buying the Dfp... but which one?
Hello!

I didn't want to open a new topic, so i thought i use this one for my question:

I decided to buy a Dfp, so I checked for the best prices on the internet, but the sellers i've found offer 2 Dfp, each for a diffenent price.

Here are the links to them (german sites):

http://www.e-shop24.com/oxid/i ... b340b3f2621fb2e3.88027943
http://www.e-shop24.com/oxid/i ... 6e4315312c7f67f9.67674242
and
http://www.vobis-shop.de/vobis ... .service?articleid=201320
http://www.vobis-shop.de/vobis ... .service?articleid=122934

And there are even more sites that offer 2 Dfp

Now I wonder if there is a difference between the wheels, or which one should i take
Maybe someone can help me with that

Thanks

Test Driver
-
I asked the stores, i asked logitech, with no result. So I decided to ignore this problem and ordered the cheaper wheel.
It's too late now for me, but today I received the answer from logitech. I'll post it here for people who might have the same question:

Answer from the Logitech Costumer Support ( translated with babelfish ) :
Quote :
(...) As I infer from your inquiry, the Driving Force Pro is offered with two article numbers. The difference between both models exists in the pedal unit. The Driving Force pro with the article number 963293-1914 is delivered with a more current, technically improved pedal unit. (...)

Quote from Test Driver :It's too late now for me, but today I received the answer from logitech. I'll post it here for people who might have the same question:

Answer from the Logitech Costumer Support ( translated with babelfish ) :

LMAO "technically improved" in this case meaning they fastened the pots better so the pedals aren't so sensitive to lose their calibration.
i have a question about dfp. is it use optics to do the steering? or use pots?

tnks
-
Quote from TagForce :LMAO "technically improved" in this case meaning they fastened the pots better so the pedals aren't so sensitive to lose their calibration.

Well while your laughing so hard there mate, can you tell me what the first version of pedal pots where like, because if they were the same as the Momo ones, then the new version is improved, because I have had my second DFP pedals opened and they are a much better looking pot than the couple of Momo's that I have fixed. And yeah my second DFP, the first one, the pedals played up on GT Prologue, but not on GT3, but then for some reason the FFB died, after a few months, so I took it back and got a new one, and it has been going for ages, the throttle got a bit gittery, so I pulled it apart and cleaned the dust off the pots and put it back together, and haven't had a problem for ages. And by the way the Momo's and the DFP's pedals are easy to pull apart and clean and put back together, I have fixed a couple of Momo's for a mate, and they calibrate perfectly afterwards, and run smooth.
Quote from TassieDevil :Well while your laughing so hard there mate, can you tell me what the first version of pedal pots where like, because if they were the same as the Momo ones, then the new version is improved, because I have had my second DFP pedals opened and they are a much better looking pot than the couple of Momo's that I have fixed. And yeah my second DFP, the first one, the pedals played up on GT Prologue, but not on GT3, but then for some reason the FFB died, after a few months, so I took it back and got a new one, and it has been going for ages, the throttle got a bit gittery, so I pulled it apart and cleaned the dust off the pots and put it back together, and haven't had a problem for ages. And by the way the Momo's and the DFP's pedals are easy to pull apart and clean and put back together, I have fixed a couple of Momo's for a mate, and they calibrate perfectly afterwards, and run smooth.

I have no idea if they were the same as the MOMO pots... I've never owned a momo. But yeah, they are different pots, and they are fastened differently... But nothing worth changing the price for... (maybe $0.03 extra cost). In fact... My old pedals were exchanged for the newer ones at no cost at all.
Quote from TagForce :I have no idea if they were the same as the MOMO pots... I've never owned a momo. But yeah, they are different pots, and they are fastened differently... But nothing worth changing the price for... (maybe $0.03 extra cost). In fact... My old pedals were exchanged for the newer ones at no cost at all.

$0.03 lmfao, youv'e never had to buy any pots before thenillepall , and down here we don't have different priced DFP's anyway. And why worry about the price of the dearer one, after doing a currency conversion it is still $150 cheaper than what we can buy it for in our dollar.......Waiting for the next smart arse comment...

DFP question
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG