The online racing simulator
#1 - Sobis
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
I'm thinking about buying a new processor, but I'm not really good at these things. Any comments about this CPU?
It's okay, although getting old.

What motherboard do you have. What is your budget, or what do you want to do with it?
#3 - Hahmo
I have the 965 one, and It's running perfectly, e.g BF3 runs perfectly on good graphics.
#4 - Sobis
Thank you for comments. And about the motherboard: it's old ant I'm pretty sure I will have to change it.
#5 - Mysho
Quote from Hahmo :I have the 965 one, and It's running perfectly, e.g BF3 runs perfectly on good graphics.

I also have 965 and runs all the games perfectly on good graphics, no problems, no overheating so far. I'd recommend you to go for 965 one. Remember to buy a correct motherboard with correct sockets for Phenom II and with support of quad cores.
Quote from Sobis :Thank you for comments. And about the motherboard: it's old ant I'm pretty sure I will have to change it.

If you're buying a new motherboard, go for a nice i5 or i7.
#7 - Mysho
Quote from Bose321 :If you're buying a new motherboard, go for a nice i5 or i7.

I can say the same about AMD.
Quote from Mysho :I can say the same about AMD.

How? AMD doesn't have nice i5's and i7's do they?
#9 - Hahmo
I just have to say that Bose you are such a fanboi.
You are the one's to call names, saying that the processor runs games at nice graphics, not knowing that GPU is what creates the graphics, so graphics settings and fps that goes with changing those settings comes from the graphics card.
Quote from Hahmo :I just have to say that Bose you are such a fanboi.

Oh you... Finnish... nub

A X4 will be great, but I just think the new architecture from Intel is a lot better, faster and power efficient etc.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :You are the one's to call names, saying that the processor runs games at nice graphics, not knowing that GPU is what creates the graphics, so graphics settings and fps that goes with changing those settings comes from the graphics card.

But you need a CPU sufficient of sending commands to the GPU, don't you?
Currently I have 2 GB of ram, so I guess it won't be enough for this CPU. Will 3 GB be enough?
I don't think the amount of ram matters that much, it's more the speed of your RAM that does.
I've been recently studying Windows 7 64 bit and it itself needs 2GB RAM for a smooth run without any problems, so that leaves 1GB RAM for games and stuff, which is pretty low imo.

On the other hand you don't need to have 6543246546GB of RAM, I think the optimum for today's era is 4GB, I myself have W7 64, 4 Gigs of RAM and I have absolutely no problems at all.

With Phenom X4 965, 4Gigs RAM and some decent GPU you should be perfectly fine. I myself have GTX470 and I can max out every game there is for over a year. Remember that by maxing out I don't mean 1280x1024 resolution, but 1920x1200 and at least 4xAA.
An AMD FX (8 core cpu) + 16GB of good DDR3 + motherboard comes in at just over £250 on overclockers.
Well I won't buy x64 W7 version, so I don't think there is a reason to go for 4 GB, because 32 bits can handle only up to ~3 GB (it's 3,25 if I remember correctly).
Removed 35 spam posts (that caused many post reports today).
Quote from Sobis :I'm thinking about buying a new processor, but I'm not really good at these things. Any comments about this CPU?

I have it and Radeon 4850. Very suffiecient for LFS. Newer games could do with newer hardware but my CPU is not definitely an issue. I recommend when you are looking for bang to buck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG