The online racing simulator
Xbox 360 controller
(8 posts, started )
Xbox 360 controller
Hey guys, I bought LFS today and it has been insane fun, but I have one major problem, I run the throttle on the right trigger. But it wont let me run the break on the left trigger. I really cant work it out. Any help would be really appreciated. Sick of driving with no break haha.
im usign a ps3 controller but i use buttons and the d-pad.

you can in the lfs game settings change the throttle axis from combined to seperate.
in game options - click Axes / FF then click on Thr / Brk combined and then press your left and right trigger and see which meter moves at the bottom right and then click on that.
im using a playstation 3 pad through motionjoy software and it works ok and use the triggers for throttle / brake and analogue for steering,if it still wont work either reply here or pm me and il help you to get it sorted
Quote from daveb948576 :im usign a ps3 controller but i use buttons and the d-pad.

you can in the lfs game settings change the throttle axis from combined to seperate.

Why do you use the d-pad?
i use the d-pad because using the small analogue stick to steer is no where near as good as using a wheel, the cars steering has no feel to it even with the mouse, how do people drive with that? the wheels just point any where they want with no 'feel' or force feedback at all. using the d-pad means i can set the left and right buttons to work the keyboard stabilized option to steer it left and right, i can limit the steer in a fast turn so it wont over steer and with a drift it will counter steer for me
Well, you should see if your controller's drivers support an individual axis for each trigger, and if they do, then follow bishtop's instructions.

I played with a 3rd party xbox 360 controller for a while before I got my G27 and it only supported a combined axis, which annoyed me but I had to deal with it. :\
main things to set right so the analogue feels right would be from my experience is:

ive used these settings while i gained my fbm blackwood pb of 1.13.06
Wheel Turn 90

wheel turn comensation 0.90 -- to beguin with you may prefer 1.0

force strength(force feed back) -- ps3 pad uses this option and dont think the xbox360 pad does

analogue steer smooth - this is really to your own preference i never go above 30

and i just use wheel setups
I drift the xrt with the d-pad so my settings are different from racing.

Xbox 360 controller
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG