The online racing simulator
The how was your work today and what did you do thread
Hello guys.

Just a thread for the working amongst us.

Today I'm gonna complete a full blue print of the office building of which we work inside of, so today, loads of measurements of walls and rooms

Goodmorning to Europeans!
Not enough cofee heh?
Well, working as firemen at a military airport here in Norway, and to some degrees also working as firemen for the locals around the base / airport (if an car crash happens, we will be scrambled).

What I do? Most of the days are really relaxing, but allways on allert. Often are there trainings, and from time to time there is an real happening too.
But, on the relaxing days there is usually much to do if you want. Learning new stuff, doing physicial work outs (much), using equiptment and so on.

Today I am going to be on the alarm central. That means that I will take incomming calls, recive alarms (then instruct and explain them to the various rescue instances) and some office / administrative work.
Not the funniest part, I rather be on the alert group that are scramled when the alarm goes.

Btw, some fun facts:
Each time there is a flight landing / taking off, we are in "alert" mode. By this it means to be ready to run when alarm goes. When the alarm goes, we have 30 seconds to dress up, get into the cars and get the cars outside the station garage. Here we recive the call from the tower or alarm central of what has happend, and then we drive as fast as ****ing possible. From that point we have furhter 90 seconds to reach the accident, and 90% of the flames should be killed within those 90 seconds. So you see, not too much time when you have to drive some distances too. The 90 seconds is a goal, but the maximum allowed without a mayor shitstorm is 120.

So, my day is filled with adrenaline, when alarm goes all shit is lose, but I love the work and the responsibility

Edit 1: Further info. Picture one is the normal uniform we are equipted with. Picture 2 is the safety clothes we get 30 seconds to put on. The 3th picture is the full safety clothes and equiptment we are using, we are striving to get this on on 90 seconds. When those 90 seconds have gone and the firetruck have put out the outside flames of the plane, we jump out - suit up and start working. Btw, picture 3 is a little bad to show the equiptment, but short summed it's ocygen mask, airtank on the back, flashlight, helmet, then of course there are the various tools depending on the work that has to be done.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Quote from The Very End :
... and then we drive as fast as ****ing possible. From that point we have furhter 90 seconds to reach the accident, and 90% of the flames should be killed within those 90 seconds. So you see, not too much time when you have to drive some distances too. The 90 seconds is a goal, but the maximum allowed without a mayor shitstorm is 120.

Who's the driver then?
Quote from Dennis93 : Who's the driver then?

Not me yet, but working on it, getting the lisence that means
Edit: The truck lissence that is.
had to split out 3892 55ltr tubs, in 41 degree celcius heat, in a warehouse..that made it about 50 celcius

FUN TIMES.
Work as a developer, bugfixing most of today.
Working for a Stockbroker, finding and fixing other people's mistakes, where stock has come in/gone out but people haven't put the transaction on the system properly.

I also have to move stock between banks if a company delists from a certain country's stock market; so if a client had traded on the New York Stock Exchange in the US, we'd hold the stock on their behalf with a US bank - if the company stopped listing their stock on the NYSE, we'd then have to produce a list of all the stock we hold for clients in that country and then transfer the stock to a bank in a country where the company is listed. This can be millions and millions of pounds worth of stock sometimes.

No, I don't get to wear a stripey blazer and shout "BUY!! SELL!!" down the phone, unfortunately.
I will bet you have thought 'What if....' a few times before though

Seems like quite a job!!
It feels impressive in the first few weeks, but you quickly get completely desensitised to large amounts of money owned by complete strangers who are several shitloads richer than you can ever dream of being.
Today i sat on my barstool, pressed "Install W7" and i watched...
#11 - ToJo
I work in car rental, so I today pretty much just sat in front of a computer smiling at people and handling reservations.
Installed around 70m of ventilation pipes.
I had a day off. Ha!
Got my lazy arse out of bed this morning, came to the office... did some research, did some sketching, did some CAD... One of the less glamorous days in the life of a designer. Still can't tell you what I'm working on, though. Secret!
Got on a bus thinking it would be cheaper than driving and nearly as quick, lol. It took 3 times as long, cost about 50% more and when I got there the ba$tards didn't have the parts I went in for.
Woke up. Morning wood. Lfs forums. Kitchen. Shovel. Bed. le non exaggeration.
Today i finished the drawing of our office in CAD, did all the installations and sewage systems.

Proper day at work, IT'S FRIDAY !
Quote from USRacer :Morning wood. Lfs forums.

Well that's one way of getting rid of it...
my work was spent between browsing forums and doing wireless coverage surveys and talking to customers who speak far too fast to understand what they're actually doing. we have a pretty fair policy where as if you have done your work and there's nothing else you can do, you're free to browse sites suitable for public area eg forums and news etc.
Went to a free Self-Defense class today for 2 hours. Is it me or do most instructors not look the part on purpose? Was expecting hulking hardened guys, but instead got something like Clarkson from the early 90's. Was fun though.
Learning for the last exam this semester, fluid mechanics, with some fellow students. Starting to see Bernoulli equations everywhere

Tomorrow its exam, than party. Will drive south to my family on sunday or monday, no LFS for 3 three weeks.
Quote from Dennis93 : Who's the driver then?

Thought i would post this as Dennis was asking about fireman job. In England our fire engines have your name on them.

& on topic: today i packed 5000 eggs & stacked a mini on top of another mini
Attached images
fireengine.jpg
Today I got news related to a new job where I'm going to make 3x more money. Spent the rest of the day folding origami animals and making memos in the office.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG