The online racing simulator
Looking for a Cruise insim
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a cruise insim. I've been looking for a cruise insim for quite some time now. but i've not managed to find a coder that can code a insim for a team i'm trying to get together.

I know that there a lot's of cruise server's nut it's the server i want to create the most. I'm not so much into racing but more of doing things on a server than always trying to win.

I'm literally exploding with idea's for a server, but i can't code them into an insim so that's my biggest problem. I have a Server, TS server and website that i can use. Well not just yet, since i have no insim there is no point in running a cruise server but a soon as i have someone who i can trust to code a insim for me I'll have the server's up and running within a week.

please contact me if you are interested at this forum.
Leave your info in a PM so i can contact you!

Thanks
Greets Marc
Just out of curiosity, do you have the programmer anything to offer other than money and cars on your server?

Better question, what will make your cruise server stand out to the other 100? Why would people want to join you?

Don't get my wrong, just asking. Good luck with setting up your cruise server. Good to see some Dutch cruisers.
Bose has a point. If you want to attract a programmer, you have to offer him a bit more than a playground to build generic stuff. Programmers like to work on interesting and original things, so it would help if you told us a few of your ideas about the cruise server you wish to create. That way you're much more likely to get attention of even an experienced cruise mods programmer.
Well I've been on a lot of servers in the time that i am playing this game witch is since 2008-10-12. It's not that long as I've seen some plying this game for more then 10 years an having billions of km's on there record.

I had my share of server's going down, server's being hacked or server's that couldn't pay there host anymore. If you look at it that way, I believe i can do better than that, i have a Dutch/Belgium host that can supply me with a host and a website/forum if needed.
which i think is something very important because players need to get there info from somewhere other than the server, my own experience is that people don't see or aren't interested in messages on the server. The real deal of providing good info is usally provided by a Website of by a forum.

But coming back to your question, the server that i wanna host is a server that is a server that first of all isn't hosted by some doped up moron. I like to have a server that i run by people who actually know what they are doing. Therefor I'm going to have a file with all the rules in it posted on the site and updated every week.

The server itself has to be clean as well, as soon as your breaking the rules, your demoted or by my standards out. Not that I'm a power obsessed freak, but i like to be strict when it comes to enforcing the rules.

The hosting will be done by myself, the whole story that comes to getting a server up and running will be done by me and the support of the hosting company that i will be using.

The insim that i wanna use needs to have some features in it, like in the most insims that ive seen there is a cop system build into it. That's something i may wanna do but i wouldn't call it Cadet -> Officer. But more like Officer -> agent or something like that.

The thing that players will be doing is like in most cruise server's bringing stuff to houses and stuff. But i wanna revolutionize the concept. The thing about earning money on the server and buying cars, to me it's a good concept, but it's not being utilized good enough cause on most servers have the !send command built into it which spoils the concept by players getting money instead of earning the money in an decent way. If you have high stats in my server I'm sure you had to work for them and not getting them by friendly politics.

The insim that needs to be coded needs to be payed but not over payed. I'm willing to pay for a insim, but I'm not going to spend hundreds of euro's on an insim. And one more thing that i find very important is to talk to the one that is coding the insim, so i mean via Teamspeak, when the coder runs into problems i'd like to hear them from the coder and talk them true with him/her. The thing is, if i run into someone who gonna code an insim for me, i gotta talk to him/her in person. I don't like to receive unexpected bills from work he/she has done without consulting me. And one last thing, i prefer a Dutch or English coder cause I'm not going to have to deal with a language barrier while talking about stuff i don't understand even in Dutch or English =)

Well looks like i might have over done my "quick reply" a bit =) but you got a sketch of what I'm trying here.

Greets Marc
Might been a while since I worked with insims, but perhaps I could help you. Your idea's don't really sound that revolution to me but it seems you are determined.
#6 - PoVo
Quote from Bose321 :Might been a while since I worked with insims, but perhaps I could help you. Your idea's don't really sound that revolution to me but it seems you are determined.

InB4daBose

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG