The online racing simulator
Help!
(17 posts, started )
Help!
Okay, so I tried to download my very first skin. I placed it in data, skins and saved it as XFG_HONDA - I went into my LFS game (Demo version), entered garage, made sure car color was white then selected 'New color' to find the skin wasn't there.

This happened again with a different skin.

HELP!
Do you have more than one version of lfs. You might have it put in the wrong one than (some people had that problem xD)
Nope, just one version
#4 - Bean0
Can you make sure that it is named as 'XFG_skinname.jpg', if you have removed the file extension then it'll probably not work.

Generally, you shouldn't rename skins you download unless the filename is of the incorrect format. They could already be uploaded to LFSWorld and renaming yourself will give the 'Skin not found on LFSWorld' error when leaving pits.
They are correctly named and the file extension is .jpg
Oh yeah, just looked in the .dds folder, and the skins aren't showing in there... It said on the README that they'd be automatically changed? I'm confused now...
I even tried a converter to change it to .dds and put it in the _dds file, still no results
#8 - Bean0
Can you post one of the skins you are trying to use, or grab one from my site that I know will work.

Also, where have you installed LFS to and what operating system do you use ?
There could be issues if you have installed into Program Files on Windows 7.
I downloaded your Ken Block, XFG. - Still no luck

Yeah i'm running Win 7 32bit. LFS is in its own file in the Program Files section. Everything related to LFS is also in there in their default form.
Honda -> there's your problem.
You can either move your LFS installation out of Program files or uninstall/reinstall.
Moving may break the file associations set up for replays and server joining though.

And ignore our resident comedian
Quote from Bean0 :You can either move your LFS installation out of Program files or uninstall/reinstall.
Moving may break the file associations set up for replays and server joining though.

And ignore our resident comedian

Correction you can just copy and paste. I have done this numerous times when using pcs and such. I have it backed up to my hard drive and public router so that I can just drag and drop the copy no issues. You just have to relog your LFS Username. This should solve the dds issue.
Quote from Blade3562 :Correction you can just copy and paste. I have done this numerous times when using pcs and such. I have it backed up to my hard drive and public router so that I can just drag and drop the copy no issues. You just have to relog your LFS Username. This should solve the dds issue.

As I said, moving the folder is possible but may break some of the file associations set up during the installation process causing replays to not open with LFS.exe, or stopping LFS:// join links from working.

If you just copied and pasted, you would have 2 copies of the installation folder anyway, which seems a bit daft.
Done that, still no luck...
Done what ?

Moved or un/reinstalled ?
Both
Thats really odd and infact impossible that it still dont work. You havn't attched the file. You could try that or send it to someone. (beano and i can make skins so we wont use yours if you are afraid of that)

However, try a complete new download/installation. I cant see any other reason why it shouldnt work already.

Help!
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG