The online racing simulator
What Series and Events Are You Going to Watch This Year
What series and events do you plan on following this year. Rank them in order that you are excited about.

To Watch on TV

1. NASCAR Sprint Cup
2. NASCAR Nationwide Series
3. Rolex 24 at Daytona
4. Indycar
5. Rolex Sports Car Series
6. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
7. F1 (first year attempting to watch that series)
8. V8 Super Cars (when I can catch it on TV)

The See in-Person

1. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 400 m ... Dover (Race name is TBD)
2. Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol
3. Jegs 150 (NASCAR K&N Pro Series East)
4. Local Racing at Muskingum County Speedway
5. Returning to Midvale Speedway
1. F1
2.Indycar
3.NASCAR Sprint
4.V8 Supercar
5. Moto GP
Well,if downloading from torrents counts,then:

1. IndyCar
2. Nascar Sprint Cup

Nothing else I guess,as F1 doesn't make any interest for me since years.
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,if downloading from torrents counts,then:

Same thing really. Just not live
1. NASCAR (Top 3 series)
2. WEC/ALMS
3. F1
4. GrandAm
5. IndyCar
6. V8 Supercar
7. FIA GT (whatever its called this year)
Quote from Cornys :Same thing really. Just not live

Yea,just a day or two or three later...
1. WEC/ALMS
2. WRC (overall, how VW does in its test etc)
3. VLN/24h Nür (more from the technical side)
4. F1 (you can't prevend it can you :razz

See live:

Really what I can get my hands on to. I come from a part of Germany that is the farthest away from any track, never seen anything in real apart from Tractor Pulling and some grassroots rally cross. Moved somewhere else last year, now only an hour away from Assen TT (been to the ADAC GT Masters there) and the other Dutch tracks are in reach aswell.
To Watch on TV

1. IndyCar
2. BTCC
3. MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3
4. GP2
5. GP3
6. WTCC
7. Ginetta Juniors

8. WSR? not 100% sure if I'll bother if the racing doesn't improve, and if that DRS shite ruins the exciting bits.

9. IndyLights? Kinda depends of the car count/entry list to be honest.

10. STCC/TTA? Would've placed a lot higher in that list without the split. Now... STCC remains STCC but it just isn't exciting anymore with most of the big names gone to TTA. TTA? Sorry but this just sounds like DTM-lite to me, I doubt this'll make any good racing, especially on the tight and twisty Swedish tracks. Don't know which series I'll watch in the end(if any).

11. i1 Super Series perhaps? The concept sucks, the venues suck, but hell, there are a few interresting names on the entry list. This might just kill boredom a bit during silly season

Then there's F1. Didn't place on the list because I have quite a love/hate relation with it, which means I can't really "rate" my interrest. On one hand it's still the pinacle, it has such a massive history, and of course there are all the strong memories, all the epic races I watched/attended to as a kid, etc. However I now also hate it for so many reasons. I think I'll probably end up watching most the races just "coz' its F1", but to be honest I'm not super motivated with the new season to come, really.

The See in-Person

Can't say, haven't even checked most of the calendars in detail. Most likely nothing, but maybe WTCC, WSR or even BTCC, if an opportunity arises. Or WRC(the French round) if I CBA.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I think I'll probably end up watching most the races just "coz' its F1"

This was the reason why I watched F1 in mid-90s,then I discovered CART on Eurosport...
This season I really want to see all nascar cup races. Last year I watched maybe 1/2 of them. Then need to watch the motogp races too. Did not watch almost any last year. Also of course F1. As far as individual events go I think the lemans 24h race is one to watch. FIA GT has been very fun to watch too.

Other than that I really like to watch all kinds of motorsports on tv but I so rarely watch tv nowadays that I don't even check what is on. So I'm pretty much relying on internet.

Anyways, here's list:
1. F1
2. Nascar
3. Le mans
4. FIA GT
5. Motogp
1. Formula 1
2. DTM (really looking forward to this, this year)
3. V8 Supercars
3. WRC
4. FIA GT
5. WEC/ALMS
6. WTCC
And maybe some of the support formula races if I have time and access. Also might check into MotoGP here and there.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :To Watch on TV
9. IndyLights? Kinda depends of the car count/entry list to be honest.

The numbers last year were really low. I recall in Kentucky (I was at the race) there was a small incident on lap 1 and then the rest of the race included only 4 vehicles.

Hardly worth watching that many cars run wide open honestly.
Quote from Cornys :The numbers last year were really low. I recall in Kentucky (I was at the race) there was a small incident on lap 1 and then the rest of the race included only 4 vehicles.

Hardly worth watching that many cars run wide open honestly.

Yes. Kentucky was the one of the only Lights race I watched last year, and I was really appaled.

Pityful car count as usual. Then half of the field eliminated at T1 due to one guy spinning in the middle of the pack - 1.5 mile racing wonders. Then that Ferreira guy weaving like a nutter and being (rightfully, IMO) sent off by race control. Then the 5 remaining cars hotlapping on track for the latter half of the race.

Also... Many people were complaining on how underwhelming the Dallara/03 IndyCars looked like while going flat out on a 1,5 mile oval. But this was absolutely nothing comparing to an IndyLight car. (Though in all honesty I should mention that unfortunately I never had the opportunity to watch any of those cars in person)

But anyway. I hope next season will be a bit better, I read on another forum that some new teams will join the series, which will probably improve the car count a bit. Plus, Tristan Vautier joining the series will be an exciting factor. Also Conor Daly if he decides to show up, instead of being just another midfielder in GP3.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yes. Kentucky was the one of the only Lights race I watched last year, and I was really appaled.

Pityful car count as usual. Then half of the field eliminated at T1 due to one guy spinning in the middle of the pack - 1.5 mile racing wonders. Then that Ferreira guy weaving like a nutter and being (rightfully, IMO) sent off by race control. Then the 5 remaining cars hotlapping on track for the latter half of the race.

Also... Many people were complaining on how underwhelming the Dallara/03 IndyCars looked like while going flat out on a 1,5 mile oval. But this was absolutely nothing comparing to an IndyLight car. (Though in all honesty I should mention that unfortunately I never had the opportunity to watch any of those cars in person)

But anyway. I hope next season will be a bit better, I read on another forum that some new teams will join the series, which will probably improve the car count a bit. Plus, Tristan Vautier joining the series will be an exciting factor. Also Conor Daly if he decides to show up, instead of being just another midfielder in GP3.

In person I have to say that the Indycar Series didn't live up to what I beleive that it would overal. Yeah, they had some good racing, but watching them they were always under control and had no problems negotating the corners what-so-ever. The engine sound was not exhilerating either and that deminished the atmosphere as well. Maybe this new car will change all that though.

Thankfully the Light Series runs directly prior to the Indycar race because honestly.. I don't think anybody would show up to them other wise.

I hope the Indycar Series doesn't suffer from the lack of Danica, but I'm afraid it will. 90% of the people there were Danica fans
1= F1
1= MotoGP/Moto2/Moto3
3 GP2
4 Indycar
5 WSB
6 Le Mans
Quote from Cornys :In person I have to say that the Indycar Series didn't live up to what I beleive that it would overal. Yeah, they had some good racing, but watching them they were always under control and had no problems negotating the corners what-so-ever. The engine sound was not exhilerating either and that deminished the atmosphere as well. Maybe this new car will change all that though.

Yea, but then I assume that a 1.5 mile oval is probably not the best place to see the drivers at work(except in close traffic situations of course).

I think the experience would've been quite different at Milwaukee, Loudon or even Iowa(or, on a road/street course).

Engines wise, the new ones sound quite cool IMO, indeed www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYcS9lVHl4
I'll be at the ALMS round at Mosport, probably the Toronto Indy as well. I'll also make it out to Watkins Glen for either the Indycars or the vintage weekend. As far as telecasts go, I'll catch all the WRC and probably some V8s.
Watching in no particular order:

BTCC
WTCC
F1
Indy
Grand Am
Little bit of NASCAR - especially the road courses and a few of the ovals I love
V8 Supercars when I can
Whatever else I happen upon

Attending:
Belle Isle GP (Indy, Grand-Am, Indy Lights, World Challenge)
Rally America (Atlanta, MI)
Possibly a race at MIS
SCCA club racing events - likely will be at Mid Ohio sometime, Grattan, possibly Nelson Ledges, Road America for June Sprints, maybe Runoffs if I can swing that.
Few localish Rallycross events with my buddy and his WRX
Quote from MAGGOT :I'll be at the ALMS round at Mosport, probably the Toronto Indy as well. I'll also make it out to Watkins Glen for either the Indycars or the vintage weekend. As far as telecasts go, I'll catch all the WRC and probably some V8s.

I have a feeling if you go to Watkins for the Indycar it will be strangely empty
1.NASCAR (going to Pocono this year)
and ill probably watch some other important races... or the low level GT cars which is always on after NASCAR
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Yea, but then I assume that a 1.5 mile oval is probably not the best place to see the drivers at work(except in close traffic situations of course).

I think the experience would've been quite different at Milwaukee, Loudon or even Iowa(or, on a road/street course).

Engines wise, the new ones sound quite cool IMO, indeed www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYcS9lVHl4

Engine sound is much better, but it still isn't this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... zCR0I&feature=related

I hope that the removal of high banked ovals in Indycar makes for a better series. I'd like to see them go to more short ovals (Martinsville comes to mind randomly when I say that. LOL, fail :razz, Indy of course, and Road Courses.

I'd be more likely to go to an Indycar race now (and more likely to watch it on TV as well) that the engines sound better. That's about 1/4 of the excitment of going to a race, and the old engines sounded like a box of angery house cats . The new ones sound more like a lion.

Old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJ5V4ELQIs
New: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RojpD023e8k
New indycar engines sound similar to the 80s F1 Turbo era cars, im Assuming the new F1 engine will sound similar but with maybe a bit more revs.
Quote from Cornys :I hope that the removal of high banked ovals in Indycar makes for a better series. I'd like to see them go to more short ovals (Martinsville comes to mind randomly when I say that. LOL, fail :razz, Indy of course, and Road Courses.

Agreed, I like short ovals too.

Martinsville would be truly epic... although probably a carnage

Quote :Old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJ5V4ELQIs

Quote :I was at the Indy 500 and a guy a couple rows n front of me would this crazy arm pump with his arms every time Danica Patrick came around the 4th turn

To Watch on TV:
1. F1
2. GP2
3. WTCC
4. WRC
5. LeMans 24 Hours
6. Indy500

7. Dakar (already over)

The See in-Person:
1. Historic Grand Prix of Zandvoort 1 & 2 September 2012
2. Paas Races Zandvoort
3. Bavaria City Racing Rotterdam