The online racing simulator
Cumberland Speedway
(8 posts, started )
Cumberland Speedway
The Cumberland Speedway is .553 kilometers in length (.344 miles). It is a tri-oval shape with flat banking in the turns. Track is free to use by the public.

Photos attached along with layout file.

Edit: Correct layout uploaded.
Attached images
Overview.jpg
Front Stretch.jpg
Turns 3-4.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Cumberland Speedway.lyt - 1.5 KB - 298 views
The lyt file is different to your image - based on the oval, but with added chicanes and infield section.

Sorry, but overall, I thought the layout quite poor as not enough care has been taken in placing objects, and the point part of the triangular part of the oval is so wide it's effectively a straight.

Also, I would think that in most ovals, that the left half of the track should mirror the opposite side, but your's doesn't.
Quote from sinanju :Also, I would think that in most ovals, that the left half of the track should mirror the opposite side, but your's doesn't.

I find that to be somewhat boring.

Layout file has been updated. Sorry about that.
Quote from sinanju :The lyt file is different to your image - based on the oval, but with added chicanes and infield section.

Sorry, but overall, I thought the layout quite poor as not enough care has been taken in placing objects, and the point part of the triangular part of the oval is so wide it's effectively a straight.

Also, I would think that in most ovals, that the left half of the track should mirror the opposite side, but your's doesn't.

just about every NASCAR oval except indy and new hampshire and miami have a tri oval
Quote from Mustangman759 :
..just about every NASCAR oval except indy and new hampshire and miami have a tri oval

No problem with that.

Just that one of the issues with this particular layout is that in this tri-oval shape, the track at the point of the triangle is so wide, and the angle so small, that from one side of the oval to the other, it's a big wide straight.
Quote from sinanju :No problem with that.

Just that one of the issues with this particular layout is that in this tri-oval shape, the track at the point of the triangle is so wide, and the angle so small, that from one side of the oval to the other, it's a big wide straight.

That enables competitors on this track to make passes on corner exit rather than entry and keep the tires from heating too quickly. Longer races are possible if the tires are given a little bit of a break.
Quote from sinanju :No problem with that.

Daytona has a trioval and the speeds exceed 200 mph through it
Yes, but you don't come out of turn 4 at Daytona and see right past the triangular point of the track straight into turn 1.

On this layout it's almost worthless having it - the track could easily have been something like Dover International Speedway, but with slight sag on one of the straights.

The width of the track is too much and the angle leading to and from the triangular point is too shallow: ie not worth being there.

Now, if it had a triangular point corner to it, like Pocono Raceway, that would have made it more interesting.

Track Shapes: HERE

Cumberland Speedway
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG