The online racing simulator
Android App Purchase Problems
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
Hey Guys,
I just recently got my first android. I love it, but I'm wondering how to make app purchases with money on my plan. I am with Virgin mobile, and I have a 20$ a month plan. To top up, I usually get 25$ cards, so over time I have gotten quite a bit of extra money on my account. I am wondering how to convert this money to the android market so I can purchase apps.
Thanks,
zay
I'm not sure I understand your question.

The Android App market is independent of your phone network, so I don't think you can transfer funds over.
#3 - PoVo
To download paid apps from the Android Market, you must add a credit card to your account so you can purchase the apps.

IIRC there are no top up cards available for the Android Market.
#4 - Zay
Ok thanks guys!
Could someone also please explain how to update to android 2.3? My phone came with 2.2. I cant find anything on google about this.
Thanks,
zay
depends on the brand i guess...i use samsung kies (as ive got a samsung) to update.
Not all phones have had an official update yet. What's your model?
#7 - Zay
The optimus chic. I know, I know, its not the greatest, but it meets my needs just fine
#8 - Zay
Also, is there any way to upgrade it to flash 10.1?
Thanks for the help guys.
I'm learning most of the Android stuff at http://androidforums.com/

Scroll down towards the bottom and there will be a section on your particular phone, though like mine, there isn't much info.

Don't you love prepaid. I am paying $20/month for 2 Android phones and folks at work are paying up to $200/month for 2 phones. (Admittedly, I am limited on data with $5 data on each individual phone, but I am not on wifi a total of maybe an hour/day and don't need to be "surfing" while I'm driving anyways.)

Getting ready to root my cheapo phone.

When I figure out how to do screenshots, I'll post in the "mobile desktop" thread. Playing with Android and iOS on the kids' iPods, I'll take Android any day. The iPod/iPhone smoothness isn't worth the 10x overprice just to upgrade the memory from basic.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG