The online racing simulator
Beeps Driving Me Crazy! [solved]
Searched for a few minutes for this one, but didn't find anything - I apologise if it's something simple!

For some reason, I'm getting a beep every time I hit a key while racing - which is really annoying considering I use the keyboard!

Any ideas what's causing it or (more importantly) how I can stop it happening?

Thanks in advance.
If it happens when you are racing and trying to type or something, it's because your keyboard can't handle all those keys pressed at the same time. Is the beep coming from you computer, or from the speakers? If it's from the speakers I don't know, if it comes from the computer, you can't really do anything about it as far as I know. I used to have this when I played multiplayer racing games on my pc with a friend. Older keyboards can't handle more than 5 keys at the time, personally my keyboard can handle more. I don't know for sure if it's the keyboard, or a restriction coming from connecting it with a ps/2. I use USB... Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is your problem.
#3 - Jakg
Quote from sgt.flippy :Older keyboards can't handle more than 5 keys at the time

you learn something new every day!

Had a problem with a girl at school, it wouldnt type anything, kept bleeping and selecting menu, after hitting the control and alt keys, it worked again, one of them had been jammed down, pressed it and it was fixed!
This keyboard only supports 3 keypresses, but it's not that - it happens all the time, even when only 1 key is pressed.
And it's the actual soundcard, not the internal speaker, which means I can't just unplug it or I lose the rest of my sound.

A couple of things I can't explain though:
1. It only does it while driving - not on the options screen.

2. Not every key does it all the time. For example, hitting F1 once displays whatever macro is set up, but hitting it again quickly will cause a beep.
The cursors , however, cause it every time.

3. It only started doing it a couple of patches ago. I have reinstalled the game on a new HD since then with all new config files and such, but the beeping continues.

With the number of keypresses required for an average race, I'm sure you can appreciate how insane this beeping is making me!
#5 - (SaM)
Hmm, the beep is LFS telling you it does not support and process the pressed key. Try selecting another keyboard language setting.
#6 - bal00
Turn off Caps Lock.
After (Sam)'s post I messed around with keyboard settings, changed languages and no change.

But the second I turned off Number Lock, the beeps stopped. Which if you ask me is weird, but hey - problem solved!

Thanks for the suggestions all

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG