The online racing simulator
G27 steering alignment off in LFS
I have a brand new G27, only about 2 weeks old, that's been working fine in conjunction with my Attack3 joystick (used as an ebrake), however now the steering is totally off. Everything is fine in the profiler, so I'm assuming it's just LFS that's the problem. The steering wheel is always way off center, centering the wheel will put me at full lock to the left. And sometimes, it will turn lock to lock in game on less than 90º of input. I've tried unplugging/replugging, restarted LFS and windows. Same problems keep happening. Everything continues to be calibrated correctly in the Logitech profiler. I've tried recalibrating the axis in LFS, but it just puts it all the way to the left end. So I tried turning hte wheel all the way to the left and recalibrating, but then it reaches full lock on the right at 1/2 the input axis (wheel at center).
The only thing I can think of that caused this is that I forgot to plug the wheel in and started LFS, and the controls were nuts, I wasn't pressing anything and the gas was just floored. So I quit, plugged in the wheel, and now it doesn't work.

I don't want to reinstall LFS because I would lose all my layouts and setups.

Is this an LFS issue, and is there a fix?
Other games?
Takes no time at all to back up layouts and setups.
Haven't played any other games besides LFS. I tried messing with it over and over again and finally got it working again. Had to keep messing with the degrees of steering in LFS, quit, do the same in the profiler and restart LFS, repeat until working. I'm not sure if that actually did it or it was coincidence, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG