The online racing simulator
If anyone's interested I've just bumped to 0.0.4.

Rough changes (that are import since 0.0.3):
  • Plugins can now be loaded from directories, which allows individual per-plugin node_modules - Support for automatically downloading required node modules will be baked into 0.0.5 - for now some npm install or npm link fun may be needed. I may drop support for individual files at some point in the future as I don't see the realistic use for that.
  • Livemap fixes, such as ghost players, track orientation, etc. - A big thanks to paXton / PascalMD for the fixes on this
  • Outgauge and OutSim support
  • Fixed IS_SMALL so it doesn't crash out the connection
  • Experimental hot reload of config files
  • config.d directory, which *.json files are merged into the main configuration object
  • Started documentation - some of which is auto-generated from the code, some of which isn't - it will be fully complete, with video guides for 0.0.5
My open issues for 0.0.5:
https://github.com/theangryang ... rt=created&state=open

Please, feel free to contribute, submit issues and so on.
I can host node.js for you. Only 1$/month/server (for livemap2 plugin).
Quote from misiek08 :I can host node.js for you. Only 1$/month/server (for livemap2 plugin).

Would embed-ability be any good for your endeavour misiek?
I don't understand. What do you mean?
Just a quick note, anyone who wants/needs to run xi4n against node >=0.8 as of right now needs the unstable git version. This isn't npm install-able at the moment, as it's unstable. I hope to have some time to work on xi4n after a few weeks
Embed ability would be propably best method, because it will allow people to put livemap into their website. Propably I will make another price for white label hosting
Quote from misiek08 :Embed ability would be propably best method, because it will allow people to put livemap into their website. Propably I will make another price for white label hosting

I'll add it to my list
Can you make sectors before embed-features? Can you split them to allow making yellow sector for races. 'Yellowing' can be done by chat message or smth else..

I can help with you, but on the JS/chat side. I don't have any time to split track into sectors.
If I can automate it yes
I think, that can be 3 path instead of 1. (for 3 sectors track). Then you can style one path.

For more advanced leagues admins can split track into turn or more sectors to make yellow smaller than sector parts of track.
As I tweeted you Karl: can you put together a bit of documentation to writing an outgauge plugin (and actually running an instance).

I tried to start the outgauge plugin last night to no avail (socket.io wouldn't include it's JavaScript files). I have a random idea of making a SLI-M plugin in JavaScript!

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPaiVcmhOFM

I'll leave this here. a few hours work, but took it from a prototype little web-browser test app, and actually integrated base function into LFS with XI4N. RPM is calculated per car using a pretty basic algorithm (current RPM / (max RPM ever encountered / number of lights available)) but it works for basics. It does save the highest RPM it encounters per car (on a per execution basis), which is kinda cool.

Gears work. - to indicate stall, r, n, 1-9 (theory) to designate gears. The other lights I haven't touched (boo bitmasks! :P), but will be really easy.

It's been another month.. I decided to go full circle. Originally I built a browser app to drive the SLI-M.. then I since used XI4N to drive my SLI-M from LFS.. I now built an "SLI-M" emulator to create a virtual SLI-M in a web browser.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRiM2aeG2no
As Coding Horror has moved over to Ghost as it's blogging platform, and Ghost uses NodeJS for it's interpreter I've looked more into NodeJS. I like the API, and I like that you can handle multiple connections at once because if you ever get into a blocking state with one query, you put it on the back burner and and handle another request while you wait.

As whole websites are being built on top of NodeJS, and with XI4N being available. You could have one instance of NodeJS that works as both an InSim Client, and WebServer. Making for communication between your website and your game servers VERY efficient. With being able to replace most of your stack with NodeJS I think everyone would be CRAZY not to look into it. (Yes, I'm a late bloomer) With NodeJS being able to act as a HTTP server, and also the code parser / interpreter, you shorten your LAMP [Linux Apache MySQL PHP] into LNS [Linux NodeJS SQL (MongoDB / SQLite / MySQL)].
Dygear, I've already done a few things that take data from LFS and spit it out to a web browser. When I was practicing for my Kyoto 500 qualifying for instance.

Having the ability to connect your web browser (through websockets) and LFS is really cool.

I've done other less interesting things as well with XI4N. Plus, JS is fun until you hit some of its stupid points, as there's many parts of the language that exist, but shouldnt be used.

There are some style issues that I have with XI4N, and I think there's still a fairly important CFG bug existing, but it's been a whole since I've had time to program recreationally on anything.
If anyone is looking for up to date documentation, check out http://theangryangel.github.io/XI4N/. That should always have the most up to date docs (there are some typos on there, but it should be mostly understandable I hope).. Videos are badly out of date and should be ignored.

Patches and pull requests welcome, as always.
xi4n is currently missing unit tests, as well as several features before I'd consider it "complete", however it does generally work.

I'd like to say I'll be getting back into LFS soon but honestly I don't know if I will.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'd like to say I'll be getting back into LFS soon but honestly I don't know if I will.

Story of my life. Barring a major patch, I don't see it happening any time soon.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG