The online racing simulator
OS Advice...?
(2 posts, started )
OS Advice...?
I have 5x SATA HDD in my PC, my system drive is an 80Gb and I think is playing up, it gets a 5.4 on the Windows system ratings (everything else is high 7.x) and my system keeps BSOD every now and then with some error that when I Google it, says it has something to do with either writing to disk, or some file is corrupted.
I want to transfer my OS drive to another drive, I have a spare empty 250Gb in there and I want to use that. I have tried to use Driveimage XML to create an image and dump it onto the spare drive, which went ok, I then swapped the HDD cables over so the new drive is plugged into the old drives SATA slot on the motherboard, but when I try to boot it says operating system not found...
Is there an easier way to do this or am I missing something?
I know when you create a new system partition to install Windows on it creates another very small partition that holds boot data, am I doing something wrong where that is concerned?
Also would it be wise to try to image the (maybe) faulty disk, as would I image the corrupted files as well??
Make sure you BIOS boot-up device is set to your 250gb hard drive. Beyond that, I'm quite sure your MBRs would have been dumped over to your new drive, so I don't think there should be any problems there.

It'd be HELPFUL if you could post the error message here. Maybe it could be a corrupted file :S

OS Advice...?
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG