The online racing simulator
LFS For Mac?
(142 posts, started )

Poll : Windows For Mac?

No!Why?
Yes
Maybe
Quote from Patel151 :If we didnt have Apple We didnt have full windows, we didnt have the mouse however the mouse was created by XEROX Apple dit reinvent it, The UI Interface that windows haz is all re-created of the Apple Lisa, Its good to read an Apple Book or something like that.

Yeah totally, we would still be using MS-DOS without Apple and only using a keyboard.
Quote from Test Driver :Today a MAC is basically a Windows compatible PC, with MAC OS installed.

So you can basically delete MAC OS from your MAC and then Install Windows on it.

Then you can play LFS on your MAC!

QFT
Macs seized to be Macs when they switched to Intel.
Can't get more PC than that.
Quote from Bose321 :Invaded? I will pick Apple then.

If you mean "Which one has help you more?" it's Google.

And which do you use more of now? You would say Google. To their advantage. Your disadvantage, You don't know how to see outside the fanboy box. To Apple you are a number. To Google you are less than a number.

http://www.amazon.com/Search-D ... id=1326254637&sr=1-11
Don't be evil?
I vote no, and why? 2 simple reason :

1st : If you want to play lfs on your mac, use bootcamp.
2nd : devs should spend their time to S3 and cie instead of loosing their time instead of making lfs compatible with mac.
Quote from Patel151 :i Think your gay, Mac is a operation system that is made in Unix! Linux is made in Unix too! Windows is gay that has bought his (OS) (DISKOPERATIONSYSTEM) (DOS) and edited into MS-DOS.... Bill had bought the OS from an guy that made DOS and then it went all over to the UI from apple, Apple had the UI from XENOX after apple implemented all of the system's UI's Windows came in Apple Company and wanted the Apple Lisa and some other Apple Products to test. SO? Youre the gay one noob Mac is not gay its powerfull, LFS can be easly created in IOS but its hard to move into OBJ-C as LFS isnt OBJ-C (i think) BTW Google has bought android too but the first android mobile wasnt touch screen. So there we go it looks so much like going to an cruise server look at there UI (HUD) re-create it into your own server, start hosting it.

cool story bro. This isnt the debate forum.
anyways why no? Macs suck and are not compatible with anything... only people who they they are special buy them
LFS would be full of hipsters wanting to race electric cars and such!:sadbanana
Quote from Patel151 :i Think your gay, Mac is a operation system that is made in Unix! Linux is made in Unix too! Windows is gay that has bought his (OS) (DISKOPERATIONSYSTEM) (DOS) and edited into MS-DOS.... Bill had bought the OS from an guy that made DOS and then it went all over to the UI from apple, Apple had the UI from XENOX after apple implemented all of the system's UI's Windows came in Apple Company and wanted the Apple Lisa and some other Apple Products to test. SO? Youre the gay one noob Mac is not gay its powerfull, LFS can be easly created in IOS but its hard to move into OBJ-C as LFS isnt OBJ-C (i think) BTW Google has bought android too but the first android mobile wasnt touch screen. So there we go it looks so much like going to an cruise server look at there UI (HUD) re-create it into your own server, start hosting it.

Get your facts straight.
Macs base is based on unix, it's not made in unix.
Linux has nothing to do with unix except that it's similar to it. RMS has rewritten every bit of code and named it GNU. Linus has rewritten the whole kernel and called it Linux. He did get inspiration and help from Minix, a version of unix.
Apple stole the UI from xerox, not xenox. M$ stole from Apple. So what? They're both bad boys in the end.

Oh LFS can be easily creted in iOS? I'd die to see you try!
iOS is a spoiled little brath, when it comes to developing software for it. I've tried porting some of my own software, which was written in a cross-platform framework called QT. Developed on linux, packaged for Windows no problems, but spent a few days trying to get it even packaged for Mac, and then there was the problem of running it properly. And those were only simple applications, I can imagine how "easy" it would be to port LFS to Mac.
Answer to poll: simply NO.

1. No real demand. I mean how many people would actually benefit from this?
2. Unrealistic in our life-time.
3. Waste of already miniscule resources.
4. You can run Windows natively on contemporary Apple HW, so why bother with MacOS.
5. You have voluntarily set a deal by buying Apple.
6. Can't see major steering wheel manufacturers offering drivers & SW for MacOS.

See? pointless.
Quote from Matrixi :http://obamapacman.com/2010/03 ... gui-from-xerox-parc-alto/

Just to clear out the facts, so these product of mid-90's teenagers don't go flaming out more unresearched bullshit out of their asses.

Don't know how I am suppose to interpret then. But if I'm a teenager for you. Well, here's my care face:

I was trying to make a point that it doesn't matter how past went along, both companies did bad stuff and neither are perfectly clean...

But let's save this for another thread or maybe even for another forum.
I directed that towards the (certain) posters on the first page, no need to be offended.
No, the focus of LFS lies on simulation accuracy, not portability, and shall continue to do so.

Also, the poll title reads "Windows For Mac".

Skip this bit if you're tired of the off topic discussion in this thread
And as for the whole Apple/Google/Microsoft is evil business, none of you got all the facts straight so continue elsewhere. No offense intended of course.

The forum rules discourages insults as well:
Quote :1) When I post a message on this forum, I will do my very best to write in a polite manner and not use foul language and / or insult an individual or group of people.

I do believe users of a different OS qualifies as a group of people.
+1, there are a lot of macs in use. However LFS works petfectly with wine on linux here so big thumbs up for that, next best thing to native multiplatform support.
I don't see a reason why it should not be a version of LFS on Mac. Would be great if it would be compatible with the windows version aswell.

Altho I would advice people to rather buy a standard and GOOD computer
Quote from stan.distortion :... However LFS works petfectly with wine on linux here so big thumbs up for that, next best thing to native multiplatform support.

Exactly. Demanding games being developed for multiple platforms from the beginning is one thing, porting a pretty much complete software is another one. Get Parallels, get WINE, get VirtualBox, any of those can get LFS working flawlessly on Mac, but please stop asking for the one thing that will to all likelihood never happen. (Parallels and VBox should work with LFS even better that a native version would in some respects anyway)
As much as I love slating people who own Macs I do feel sorry for them, it's the fault of modern education and false advertising that results in people buying ill-suited for the job electronics.

I mean c'mon, I went to an apple store once and asked an employee what there iPad could do, and they said 'Everything your PC can do and more!' , if that's not a good example I don't know what is.

Anywho, Your stuck with your expensive intel-based Mac now, looks like you'll have to put Windows on it () so that PC Processor can be put to good use on a coding language our developers know.

Sorry, looks like I ended up slating Mac's again, not sure how that happend, enjoy your video editing doohickey.
Quote from Patel151 :LFS Should be for mac also
Vote Yes Or No.
If you vote NO. Give a reason. if u vote yes u dont have to give a reason

no because if you can afford a mac you can afford a pc instead.
Quote :no because if you can afford a mac you can afford a pc instead.

Umm... macs are personal computers, although it doesn't break your argument and with a pole for "Windows For Mac?" I'm just nit picking
Quote from stan.distortion :Umm... macs are personal computers

They are now. Some time ago, Macs ran on their own architecture called PowerPC or PPC for short, developed by Apple, IBM and Motorola.
Now they run on standard PC architectures and CPUs. So basically now you're buying a standard computer hardware, stashed into a little bit "prettier" casing, at a much higher price. It's like if Ferrari would have started installing engines from Prius into their cars and charge the same as before or even more.
But wait, there's more, you can't even play LFS on it.

So why would anyone to buy this is beyond me.

And to all the Apple fanboys that are going to start flaming, here's how I see you:
http://shrani.si/f/1W/13O/2ocM ... -user-mom-he-said-pc-.jpg
#46 - Jakg
Quote from xfirestorm :They are now. Some time ago, Macs ran on their own architecture called PowerPC or PPC for short, developed by Apple, IBM and Motorola.

Even in the PPC days they were still "personal computers".
Quote from xfirestorm :
But wait, there's more, you can't even play LFS on it.

Come again?

Attached images
Screenshot-2012-01-17.jpg
Then you can bootcamp it, if you think the five extra FPS are worth the hassle.

What I'm seeing here really, is hate from people who don't understand what Macs (or Apple in general) are all about. They have rarely been about maximum performance, or bang for the buck. They are about the entire user experience as a whole; hardware and software designed to work together. It took me years to figure them out, as I used to hate everything Apple made when I was young. Although, back then all they were really making was expensive rubbish that looked different than normal computers.

What you propably don't realize is, with Macs you aren't only paying the premium for the hardware, but also for the OS. For an example, you could propably get two cheap Acer laptops with the cost of one base model MacBook Pro. And those Acers propably have faster CPU's and graphics chips on them aswell. If you only compare stuff from Apple to cheap brands on the paper, you will never understand what they are about. The understanding part comes when you start actually using them, and that's when you see why people actually buy Macs, even with the premium pricetag. That is when you start seeing the difference between a cheap product and a quality one.

Years ago, I used to work on a corporate grade Toshiba laptop and I was perfectly happy with it. That is, until I tried a MBP and discovered how little things, like the multitouch trackpad, can make your life (and work) so much easier and more fun. Same goes for the Mac Pro I'm using right now. If I wanted to change every single hard drive on my Windows PC, it would take about 15-20 minutes of wrestling with cables and screws. With this, I can do it all in couple of minutes without having to touch a single cable. It's things like that, many simple conveniences that make life easier, why I prefer Macs for desktop use over regular PC's.

That's also why it makes me a bit sad, that some people just hate Apple because it's cool to hate them these days, without even trying to understand them.

If you think all this sounds like I'm some hardcore Apple fanatic and think of it as my religion, I should propably mention that I still have an ordinary component-by-component built Windows machine for hardcore gaming, as it is simply better for that task. Many Mac users however don't. That is the reason, why it would be great to have LFS as a multiplatform title, so it would reach out to as many people as possible. I know it won't propably happen atleast until the game is finished, but it doesn't hurt to have the idea out in the air.

With that, I'll conclude my part in this thread.
Quote from Matrixi :They are about the entire user experience as a whole; hardware and software designed to work together.

What's that for nonsense? They use normal (old) PC hardware. I'm sure Windows is better designed to work with PC-hardware because they have used it for ages now.
Quote from Matrixi :It took me years to figure them out

So the user-experience is crap?
Quote from Matrixi :back then all they were really making was expensive rubbish that looked different than normal computers.

What's the difference from today? They don't even look different nowadays.
Quote from Matrixi :
What you propably don't realize is, with Macs you aren't only paying the premium for the hardware

Wait what? They use really normal hardware
Quote from Matrixi :but also for the OS.

I'm sure a license for OSX doesn't cost a few hundred quid.

Quote from Matrixi :you could propably get two cheap Acer laptops with the cost of one base model MacBook Pro. And those Acers propably have faster CPU's and graphics chips on them aswell. If you only compare stuff from Apple to cheap brands on the paper, you will never understand what they are about. The understanding part comes when you start actually using them, and that's when you see why people actually buy Macs, even with the premium pricetag. That is when you start seeing the difference between a cheap product and a quality one.

Why don't you put OSX on an Acer laptop then? I'll admit Acer is shit, but they also use normal PC hardware as Apple uses.

Quote from Matrixi :and discovered how little things, like the multitouch trackpad

How long was that ago? Nowadays all laptops have multi-touch? (apart from the cheap Acer stuff maybe.

Quote from Matrixi :
Same goes for the Mac Pro I'm using right now. If I wanted to change every single hard drive on my Windows PC, it would take about 15-20 minutes of wrestling with cables and screws.

Sounds more like a cheap shitty case without any cable management. The only one to blame is yourself.
Quote from Matrixi :
With this, I can do it all in couple of minutes without having to touch a single cable. It's things like that, many simple conveniences that make life easier

So a fast graphics card doesn't have a cable for power? OH wait...
Quote from Matrixi :
That's also why it makes me a bit sad, that some people just hate Apple because it's cool to hate them these days, without even trying to understand them.

It makes me sad that people drool on Apple when they compare them to old cheap stuff they messed around with.[/QUOTE]

LFS For Mac?
(142 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG