The online racing simulator
Skin flip
(4 posts, started )
Skin flip
Hey! I love creating skins but there is one problem. If I draw a very detailed drawing on one side of the car its impossible to draw it on the other side of the car without there being a lot of mess ups and it wont ever be exact..
Is there any way of like flipping the one side of the car once its done and paste it on top of the other side so I don't have to draw the same thing for both sides of the cars?

Thanks!
Gerrit
Depends what program you're using.
I use Photoshop or Gimp; if I'm feeling lazy I flatten the image when I'm happy with one side, select and copy the area then click back in History to the action before 'Flatten Image'.
Then you can just Paste and Flip Horizontally, the rest of the file is still in layers but you have a flat copy for the second side.
Similar to Tims post just a different way to do it

In Gimp (not sure about ps) i do the base colours on one side then hide the blackmask and shadowlayer, select the side i've done, Right click on the selected area and select "copy all visible" which will copy all visible layers in your selected area then unhide the blackmask and shadow layer, paste the side, flip it and move it to fit.
In photoshop it's super simple.

Lets say you make a design, one that can be easily selected via the (Select>Load Selection). All you have to do is select it, duplicate it (Ctrl+J), then just flip it horizontally (CTRL+T, and right click>flip horizontally) and BAM you have it ready for the other side of the car. The only hard thing is, lining it up so i'ts in the same position. But really all you have to do is just move it up, and a little bit to the left/right.

Skin flip
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG